The Kazan Helicopter Plant of the Russian Helicopters holding (part of the Rostec State Corporation) handed over 5 Mi-8MTV-1 helicopters to the State Transport Leasing Company (STLK). They will be used by several operators in different regions of the country.
Two Mi-8MTV-1 helicopters will replenish the aircraft fleet of the Converse Avia Aviation Company in the Tver Region. Two more cars will go to the PANH airline in the Krasnodar Territory. One of the helicopters in the batch is intended for the AeroGeo airline and will go to Krasnoyarsk.
The transferred Mi-8MTV-1 helicopters are multipurpose, in the cabins there are prepared places for the installation of medical modules, modifications have been made to equip the aircraft with additional fuel tanks, and 22 passenger seats are provided.
“In total, by the end of 2020, Kazan Helicopter Plant will supply GTLK 16 Mi-8MTV-1 and 4 Ansat. I would like to note that the demand for helicopters of the Mi-8/17 family remains high among operators. Thus, the production plan of Kazan Helicopters for loading by helicopters of this series “, – noted the managing director of the Kazan helicopter plant Yuri Pustovgarov .
Under the contract with GTLK, 16 Mi-8MTV-1 and 18 Ansat helicopters manufactured by the Kazan Helicopter Plant were delivered in 2017 and 2018. In 2019, the State Transport Leasing Company received 7 Ansat helicopters with medical modules: 4 vehicles were supplied to SKOL Airlines, three were transferred to Russian Helicopter Systems.
The multipurpose helicopters of the Mi-8MTV-1 family have unique flight performance and operational characteristics. They can be used in almost all climates. The design and equipment of the Mi-8MTV-1 helicopter allows it to be operated autonomously on unequipped sites. The helicopter can be equipped with an external sling for the transportation of bulky cargo.
- HAI names Flight Instructor of the Year
- HSC-25 Squadron Conducts Change of Command Ceremony
- Leonardo and Falcon Aviation Services start building Dubai AW609 terminal
- Air Methods targets new Wisconsin base at Hartford
- PLDT’s aviation unit announces rebranding
- Sikorsky awarded $53M contract for four UH-60Ms
- New USHST Report Lays Down a Path for Automatic Flight Control Systems in Light Helicopters
- Bell V-280 Valor short-listed for Collier Trophy
- FRASCA Expands Capacity for Level D FFS Contract
- NY National Guard Honors Fallen Aircrew
- HAI names winner of 2021 Salute to Excellence award for Communications
- Police Aviation News – March 2021 Edition
- Bell awarded $16M contract for engineering AH-Z and UH-1
- EHang Supports Chinese National Transportation Network Plan
- Le Havre marine pilots lose AS365N3 cruise altitude to just 60 feet
- Israel selects CH-53K from Sikorsky over CH-F47 from Boeing
- UK man jailed for shining torch into police helicopter cockpit
- Dropsafe launches Helideck Perimeter Safety Net
- EHang explores coastal Urban Air Mobility with first over-water EH216 flights
- Archer commits Urban Air Mobility Network In Los Angeles by 2024