Thousands of dollars in scholarships will be awarded at WAI’s 32nd Annual International Women in Aviation Conference, and the time to apply is now. To qualify for a scholarship, the applicant must be a current WAI member by November 1 and submit the application by November 10, 2020.
82 individual scholarships, worth nearly $400,000 are available in areas ranging from aerospace to engineering, from maintenance, dispatcher, to flight training. Numerous career enhancement and type ratings are available. As in past years, scholarships are not just for young people or students. A variety of scholarships are targeted for people in mid-career or even retirement.
“WAI scholarships have helped thousands of girls and women take significant steps toward making their aviation dreams a reality,” said Allison McKay, WAI CEO. “The scope of scholarships available spans all the aviation specialties, with awards available for WAI members of all ages and stages of life. WAI members can apply for up to three scholarships, so go for it – let us help you in your aviation adventure!”
Most scholarship applications may be completed online at wai.org and can be submitted right up to November 10, 2020. Mailed applications must be signed and postmarked by that same date. The 2021 scholarships will be awarded during WAI’s conference, held next year in Reno, Nevada at the Reno-Sparks Convention Center, from March 11-13, 2021. The 2021 conference represents the 32nd anniversary of WAI conferences.
New scholarships have been added in the past few weeks, so interested applicants are urged to check wai.org/scholarships for these new opportunities.
- Bell Boeing awarded $12M contract to modify the V-22 of Japan
- Thames Valley Air Ambulance buy new helmets
- Bell Boeing awarded $188M contract for logistics and engineering support for the V-22 platform
- Mornington Sanford Aviation adds EASA Part 147 approval for Robinson maintenance training
- Savback Helicopters opens in the UK
- CNC deploys new mission suite for Texas DPS Airbus H125
- Philippine National Police to deploy two H125s in Davao Region
- Garmin adds new eLearning courses for G1000H NXi integrated flight deck
- Air Methods settles claim over severely corroded parts
- EHang completes Korean demo tour
- Tangent Link Announces Presentations for Aerial Firefighting Europe
- Rheinland Air Service Appointed as the First German Dealer for the Bell 505
- CAE to acquire TRU Simulation + Training Canada Inc
- Penzance Helicopters cancels schedules for over three months
- Bell appoints first 505 dealer in Germany
- State-of-the-art technology sets new standards in helicopter pilot training
- JETNET Demos Customized Solutions at VBACE
- Philippine National Police receive more Airbus H125s
- Safety Protocols at HAI Heli-Expo 2021
- MD to take MD530F on Southern California demo tour next week