Safran Electronics & Defense has won a contract from Airbus Helicopters to supply new-generation Euroflir™410 observation systems for ten NH90-TTH Caiman helicopters deployed by French Special Forces. These new Standard 2 helicopters will allow French forces to handle the full range of utility missions.
The new-generation Euroflir™410 is capable of detecting and identifying threats at a distance of several kilometers, thus boosting the operational capabilities of French Special Forces and enabling them to carry out even the most demanding missions day or night, and in the worst weather conditions. Designed and produced in France by Safran, the EuroflirTM 410 is a compact and modular optronic (electro-optical) system that offers unrivaled observation capability under any conditions of visibility, in large part due to its very-long-range multispectral telescope and high-performance line-of-sight stabilization. Furthermore, because it can be easily integrated with mission systems and used in conjunction with wide-field-of-view Eurofl’eye™ optronics, pilots can take full advantage of all its functions to reduce their workload in the cockpit.
This latest contract win confirms Safran’s European leadership in the highly demanding market segment for onboard optronics. Ten NH90 TTH Standard 2 helicopters will be delivered to the 4th Special Forces Helicopter Regiment starting in 2025, and will gradually replace the French army’s Puma helicopters.
- HAI names Flight Instructor of the Year
- HSC-25 Squadron Conducts Change of Command Ceremony
- Leonardo and Falcon Aviation Services start building Dubai AW609 terminal
- Air Methods targets new Wisconsin base at Hartford
- PLDT’s aviation unit announces rebranding
- Sikorsky awarded $53M contract for four UH-60Ms
- New USHST Report Lays Down a Path for Automatic Flight Control Systems in Light Helicopters
- Bell V-280 Valor short-listed for Collier Trophy
- FRASCA Expands Capacity for Level D FFS Contract
- NY National Guard Honors Fallen Aircrew
- HAI names winner of 2021 Salute to Excellence award for Communications
- Police Aviation News – March 2021 Edition
- Bell awarded $16M contract for engineering AH-Z and UH-1
- EHang Supports Chinese National Transportation Network Plan
- Le Havre marine pilots lose AS365N3 cruise altitude to just 60 feet
- Israel selects CH-53K from Sikorsky over CH-F47 from Boeing
- UK man jailed for shining torch into police helicopter cockpit
- Dropsafe launches Helideck Perimeter Safety Net
- EHang explores coastal Urban Air Mobility with first over-water EH216 flights
- Archer commits Urban Air Mobility Network In Los Angeles by 2024