Spanish operator Helity, which specialises in scheduled passenger operations, is to start a new route. Launching to the public on Monday 30th October, the airline will link the holiday resort of Malaga to the British territory of Gibraltar.
This route and its schedules have been designed to facilitate connectivity between this city and Malaga in just 25 minutes, with a capacity of 15 seats.
The service will be performed by one of the company’s three Leonardo AW139 helicopters. Current routes include Ceuta to both Malaga and Algeciras.
Gibraltar is believed to be the only international airport in the world with an active public road across the runway with barriers and warning lights like a railway crossing.
Jeremy Parkin – HeliHub.com
- AW139 Wet Floor Achieves CAANZ STC
- Summit Aviation Now Serving Leonardo AW139 Owners and Operators
- Leonardo celebrates AW139 20th anniversary
- Babcock wins extension to North Sea SAR contract
- Babcock reaches 20 000 hour milestone with Ambulance Victoria
- AW139 will be Colombia’s new Presidential helicopter
- Wiking takes delivery of latest AW139
- TAI marks composite landmarks, including AW139 production
- Italian Air Force enhances emergency response and homeland security capabilities
- Penzance Helicopters cancels schedules for over three months
- Babock re-launches scheduled services in Spain with AW139
- THC wins AW139 contract from Red Sea Development Company
- Trinidad & Tobago Air Guard to reactivate one of four AW139s
- MDFR upgrades fleet with delivery of first AW139
- Penzance Helicopters introduces AW139 to Isles of Scilly service
- Global AirParts announces AW139 part out project
- Leonardo AW139 – EASA AD 2020-0191 : Equipment / Furnishings
- Changes coming for heliport at Macau International Airport
- Coptersafety appoints new AW139 Type Lead Instructor
- Lifeflight’s AW139 fleet marks milestone