Mission Health’s Mountain Area Medical Airlift (MAMA) recently visited Metro Aviation to take delivery of their new Airbus EC145e, the lightweight twin-engine helicopter that has become increasingly sought after throughout the air medical industry.
MAMA operates 24 hours per day, providing air medical services to western North Carolina, eastern Tennessee, northeast Georgia, and northern South Carolina. MAMA’s new aircraft replaces an aging EC135 and is the first EC145 variant in their fleet. With this new purchase, the program gains a dedicated, branded backup aircraft and a 32% increase in cabin space.
“We’re really excited about our new EC145e that Metro Aviation completed for us,” said John Grindstaff, MAMA Supervisor. “It’s going to enhance our capabilities, increase capacity for specialty teams, and increase our safety margins.”
The EC145e is IFR-equipped and includes Metro Aviation’s medical interior with integrated medical floor, 10 liter liquid oxygen system, and custom medical walls for mounting equipment.
“It is exciting to see the confidence that leading air medical providers are placing in the EC145e,” said Metro Aviation part-owner and Director of Business Integration Todd Stanberry. “MAMA is a pioneer in the industry, and we are looking forward to adding this aircraft to the Metro fleet and watching MAMA leverage its capabilities.”
MAMA performs nearly 90 flights per month, covering 10,000 square miles in 2-3 flights per day. They have been part of the Metro family since 2017.
- Bell V-280 Valor short-listed for Collier Trophy
- FRASCA Expands Capacity for Level D FFS Contract
- NY National Guard Honors Fallen Aircrew
- HAI names winner of 2021 Salute to Excellence award for Communications
- Police Aviation News – March 2021 Edition
- Bell awarded $16M contract for engineering AH-Z and UH-1
- EHang Supports Chinese National Transportation Network Plan
- Le Havre marine pilots lose AS365N3 cruise altitude to just 60 feet
- Israel selects CH-53K from Sikorsky over CH-F47 from Boeing
- UK man jailed for shining torch into police helicopter cockpit
- Dropsafe launches Helideck Perimeter Safety Net
- EHang explores coastal Urban Air Mobility with first over-water EH216 flights
- Archer commits Urban Air Mobility Network In Los Angeles by 2024
- HAI announces candidates for election to Board of Directors
- Air Evac Lifeteam To Open Air Medical Base in Clarinda
- Embry-Riddle helicopter student wins Veterans Memorial scholarship
- Sikorsky awarded $9M contract for H-53 landing gear
- New US East Coast scheduled helicopter flights to launch in June
- US Army tests UH-60 Load Stability System Litter Attachment from Vita Inclinata
- Raytheon awarded $15M more on CV-22 countermeasures contract