Within vertical aviation, there are pilots, mechanics and engineers, safety professionals, and others who go above and beyond to pursue professional excellence. Their dedication is an inspiration to us all.
The HAI Salute to Excellence Awards recognize outstanding achievement in all forms of vertical aviation. As our industry evolves, HAI is excited to announce that professionals working with unmanned aircraft systems (UAS, or drones) are now eligible for each of the nine awards we present. The vertical takeoff and landing (VTOL) industry is becoming more diverse, and HAI will recognize excellence wherever we find it, including among those who operate, fly, or maintain drones. We look forward to honoring your efforts alongside those of other rotorcraft sectors.
Go to rotor.org/salute and nominate an exceptional individual or organization today! Anyone may submit a nomination, and anyone may be nominated. HAI membership is not required.
We recommend that you put some thought into your nomination. It’s not enough to say, “This person is great and deserves an award.” Winning nominations must make the case for that nominee’s selection as the outstanding entrant of the year. To give your nominee the best chance of selection, you need to tell us their story and back it up with supporting material. Use this opportunity to illustrate their passion for their job and the industry; tell us HOW they did their job so well and WHY that was important to their colleagues, their customers, or the industry at large.
With HAI HELI-EXPO 2021 in New Orleans scheduled for Mar. 22–25, the deadline to submit Salute to Excellence Awards nominations is this Friday, Oct. 30, 2020.
Don’t let exemplary performance in our industry go unrecognized: nominate a pilot, mechanic/engineer, CFI, or other vertical aviation professional today!
- HAI names Flight Instructor of the Year
- HSC-25 Squadron Conducts Change of Command Ceremony
- Leonardo and Falcon Aviation Services start building Dubai AW609 terminal
- Air Methods targets new Wisconsin base at Hartford
- PLDT’s aviation unit announces rebranding
- Sikorsky awarded $53M contract for four UH-60Ms
- New USHST Report Lays Down a Path for Automatic Flight Control Systems in Light Helicopters
- Bell V-280 Valor short-listed for Collier Trophy
- FRASCA Expands Capacity for Level D FFS Contract
- NY National Guard Honors Fallen Aircrew
- HAI names winner of 2021 Salute to Excellence award for Communications
- Police Aviation News – March 2021 Edition
- Bell awarded $16M contract for engineering AH-Z and UH-1
- EHang Supports Chinese National Transportation Network Plan
- Le Havre marine pilots lose AS365N3 cruise altitude to just 60 feet
- Israel selects CH-53K from Sikorsky over CH-F47 from Boeing
- UK man jailed for shining torch into police helicopter cockpit
- Dropsafe launches Helideck Perimeter Safety Net
- EHang explores coastal Urban Air Mobility with first over-water EH216 flights
- Archer commits Urban Air Mobility Network In Los Angeles by 2024