27-Oct-2020 Source: Boost Systems
Boost Human External Cargo Systems (Boost Systems – www.boostsystems.ca), the global leader in the provision of the most advanced, certified and compliant Human External Cargo (HEC) Systems, Personnel Device Carrying Systems (PCDS) and HEC/ Training services, has received Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Supplemental Type Certification (SR04539NY) for its MD500 series helicopter HEC system.
The system is compliant to FAR 27.865 and FAA AC133-1B HEC standards. “Receipt of this Supplemental Type Certification has been eagerly awaited by a number of key operators in the North American HEC industry; and we are excited to inform operators that with the STC now in-hand, we are ready to begin accepting orders immediately, while offering a quick turn-time on deliveries,” advises Dave McGrath, Senior Director of Business Development and Sales.
Enhanced features include:
– Highest Removable HEC Hook available – 900 lb HEC Working Load Limit.
– Removable HEC Hook enables operational flexibility by reducing overall fleet purchase costs and
reduces the risk of connecting to the wrong hook during non-HEC operations.
– Compact Hydraulic Collective-mounted Primary Quick Release System with Dual Activation Device.
– Electric Back-up Quick Release System with Dual Activation Device (multiple mounting options).
– Hook Spacing avoids hook contact and risk of inadvertent release in flight.
– HEC Hook “Stopper Plug” for installation when not performing HEC operations also reducing risk of connecting to the wrong hook exceeding the HEC load limit
– Integrated hook stopper to prevent fuel tank penetration in the event of a hard landing
McGrath explains that the Boost Systems’ MD500 HEC system, designed with enhanced operational safety, reliability and durability in mind, offers a more effective product, at the industry’s best pricing. “When packaged with our optional FAA-approved Personnel Carrying Device Systems; which offer a life of 10-years/500,000 cycles, we believe our MD500 HEC product provides operators with the greatest financial and operational benefits available to the marketplace.”
Boost Systems offers HEC systems for the AS350, AS355, H125, H135, H145, Bell 206L, Bell 407, and MD500 helicopters. All systems are fully certified and compliant to the latest FAR 27.865 and FAA AC133-1B HEC standards (including optional approved PCDS) and provide the highest level of safety and versatility available to the industry.
Additional helicopter HEC systems under development by Boost that will available in 2020 include: Bell 212 and Bell 412, and the BK-117.