The International Business Aviation Council (IBAC) is honored to have the new International Standard for Business Aircraft Operations (IS-BAO) FlightPlan Stage 1 Programme for small operators nominated by the Aviation International News (AIN) magazine for its first annual Top Flight Award.
“We are proud to have this new program recognized for its Contribution to Safety by the AIN editorial staff and thank them for this nomination,” commented Bennet Walsh, IS-BAO Programme Director. ”This new programme is truly a result of listening to operators around the world and responding to the needs of single aircraft operations, fixed-wing and rotor. We are excited about FlightPlan Stage 1 and its ability to make IS-BAO more accessible and ultimately improving the safety culture of small operators,” added Walsh.
“IBAC has been encouraged by the community to facilitate uptake of IS-BAO by single-aircraft operators,” said Kurt Edwards, Director General of IBAC. “FlightPlan Stage 1 is an innovative approach to help small operators define and implement their own SMS. IBAC is honored by AIN’s Top Flight Award nomination recognizing the benefits of the programme.”
The new FlightPlan Stage 1 Programme defines a clear, stepped, and simple pathway to IS-BAO Stage 1 registration within 90-180 days of initiating the Stage 1 process. The key benefit to the programme is that it includes a highly credentialed and standardized progressive implementor that mentors and walks through the entire pre-audit process with the operator to streamline the experience. The FlightPlan package consists of the IS-BAO standard document suite and the IS-BAO General Company Operations Manual (GCOM) in the operator’s regulatory framework (e.g., NCC, FAR Part 91/135, etc.) in coordination with AviationManuals. Post-registration “On Course” validations will happen every six months during a 24-month period, all under one inclusive fee structure.
- Bell Boeing awarded $12M contract to modify the V-22 of Japan
- Thames Valley Air Ambulance buy new helmets
- Bell Boeing awarded $188M contract for logistics and engineering support for the V-22 platform
- Mornington Sanford Aviation adds EASA Part 147 approval for Robinson maintenance training
- Savback Helicopters opens in the UK
- CNC deploys new mission suite for Texas DPS Airbus H125
- Philippine National Police to deploy two H125s in Davao Region
- Garmin adds new eLearning courses for G1000H NXi integrated flight deck
- Air Methods settles claim over severely corroded parts
- EHang completes Korean demo tour
- Tangent Link Announces Presentations for Aerial Firefighting Europe
- Rheinland Air Service Appointed as the First German Dealer for the Bell 505
- CAE to acquire TRU Simulation + Training Canada Inc
- Penzance Helicopters cancels schedules for over three months
- Bell appoints first 505 dealer in Germany
- State-of-the-art technology sets new standards in helicopter pilot training
- JETNET Demos Customized Solutions at VBACE
- Philippine National Police receive more Airbus H125s
- Safety Protocols at HAI Heli-Expo 2021
- MD to take MD530F on Southern California demo tour next week