XP Services announces FAA Supplemental Type Certification (STC) approval that includes PS Engineering’s state-of-the-art PAC45A, an all-digital audio controller system that includes MultiTalker®. The PAC45A is now part of XP Services STC for the UH-60A and EH-60A Black Hawk.
As part of a complete avionics’ suite upgrade, the PAC45A is an FAA TOSA DAL C, DSP based, digital audio controller that provides up to 8 coms, 8 switched audios, MultiTalker®, and up to 4 control heads.
True Dimensional Sound, known as MultiTalker®, is exclusively licensed to PS Engineering by the USAF. By placing various COM audio in unique position within a stereo headset, the pilot and crew can pay attention to the radio that is important at any instant in time. The Wright Patterson Air Force Laboratory invested years in perfecting this technology and PS Engineering is now making it available to special mission aircraft.
Other novel capabilities are fully integrated Bluetooth® interconnectivity, fully customized recording of audio alerts that is easily accomplished in the field, IntelliVox® automatic VOX or PTT-ICS and up to 14 intercom stations.
“PS Engineering has always been laser focused on audio control systems, we are excited to see our PAC series being part of this new STC” said Mark Scheuer, Founder and CEO at PS Engineering. “Because the PAC45A is completely digital, the amount of wiring required when compared to outdated analog audio control systems, is significantly reduced. In fact, only a single RS-422 cable (plus power and ground) is required to go to each of the independent control heads, that can be located throughout the Black Hawk.”
“The integration of the advanced digital PAC45A system into the Black Hawk aircraft adds a great capability, and at a very affordable price,” said Ken Pfleger, Avionics Integration Program Manager at XP Services. “PS Engineering’s support during the integration phase was nothing less than superb, allowing for rapid integration of their system and proving its worth during flight testing.”
- Bell Boeing awarded $12M contract to modify the V-22 of Japan
- Thames Valley Air Ambulance buy new helmets
- Bell Boeing awarded $188M contract for logistics and engineering support for the V-22 platform
- Mornington Sanford Aviation adds EASA Part 147 approval for Robinson maintenance training
- Savback Helicopters opens in the UK
- CNC deploys new mission suite for Texas DPS Airbus H125
- Philippine National Police to deploy two H125s in Davao Region
- Garmin adds new eLearning courses for G1000H NXi integrated flight deck
- Air Methods settles claim over severely corroded parts
- EHang completes Korean demo tour
- Tangent Link Announces Presentations for Aerial Firefighting Europe
- Rheinland Air Service Appointed as the First German Dealer for the Bell 505
- CAE to acquire TRU Simulation + Training Canada Inc
- Penzance Helicopters cancels schedules for over three months
- Bell appoints first 505 dealer in Germany
- State-of-the-art technology sets new standards in helicopter pilot training
- JETNET Demos Customized Solutions at VBACE
- Philippine National Police receive more Airbus H125s
- Safety Protocols at HAI Heli-Expo 2021
- MD to take MD530F on Southern California demo tour next week