XP Services announces FAA Supplemental Type Certification (STC) approval that includes PS Engineering’s state-of-the-art PAC45A, an all-digital audio controller system that includes MultiTalker®. The PAC45A is now part of XP Services STC for the UH-60A and EH-60A Black Hawk.
As part of a complete avionics’ suite upgrade, the PAC45A is an FAA TOSA DAL C, DSP based, digital audio controller that provides up to 8 coms, 8 switched audios, MultiTalker®, and up to 4 control heads.
True Dimensional Sound, known as MultiTalker®, is exclusively licensed to PS Engineering by the USAF. By placing various COM audio in unique position within a stereo headset, the pilot and crew can pay attention to the radio that is important at any instant in time. The Wright Patterson Air Force Laboratory invested years in perfecting this technology and PS Engineering is now making it available to special mission aircraft.
Other novel capabilities are fully integrated Bluetooth® interconnectivity, fully customized recording of audio alerts that is easily accomplished in the field, IntelliVox® automatic VOX or PTT-ICS and up to 14 intercom stations.
“PS Engineering has always been laser focused on audio control systems, we are excited to see our PAC series being part of this new STC” said Mark Scheuer, Founder and CEO at PS Engineering. “Because the PAC45A is completely digital, the amount of wiring required when compared to outdated analog audio control systems, is significantly reduced. In fact, only a single RS-422 cable (plus power and ground) is required to go to each of the independent control heads, that can be located throughout the Black Hawk.”
“The integration of the advanced digital PAC45A system into the Black Hawk aircraft adds a great capability, and at a very affordable price,” said Ken Pfleger, Avionics Integration Program Manager at XP Services. “PS Engineering’s support during the integration phase was nothing less than superb, allowing for rapid integration of their system and proving its worth during flight testing.”
- HAI names Flight Instructor of the Year
- HSC-25 Squadron Conducts Change of Command Ceremony
- Leonardo and Falcon Aviation Services start building Dubai AW609 terminal
- Air Methods targets new Wisconsin base at Hartford
- PLDT’s aviation unit announces rebranding
- Sikorsky awarded $53M contract for four UH-60Ms
- New USHST Report Lays Down a Path for Automatic Flight Control Systems in Light Helicopters
- Bell V-280 Valor short-listed for Collier Trophy
- FRASCA Expands Capacity for Level D FFS Contract
- NY National Guard Honors Fallen Aircrew
- HAI names winner of 2021 Salute to Excellence award for Communications
- Police Aviation News – March 2021 Edition
- Bell awarded $16M contract for engineering AH-Z and UH-1
- EHang Supports Chinese National Transportation Network Plan
- Le Havre marine pilots lose AS365N3 cruise altitude to just 60 feet
- Israel selects CH-53K from Sikorsky over CH-F47 from Boeing
- UK man jailed for shining torch into police helicopter cockpit
- Dropsafe launches Helideck Perimeter Safety Net
- EHang explores coastal Urban Air Mobility with first over-water EH216 flights
- Archer commits Urban Air Mobility Network In Los Angeles by 2024