Over the weekend, our CH-47D Chinook Helicopter from Oakey Detachment made a successful landing on the Royal Australian Navy’s (RAN) HMAS Adelaide. The deck landing, which involved precise manoeuvring and teamwork to overcome challenging sea conditions, took place in the lead-up to the commemoration of the 30th anniversary of the SAF’s training in the Shoalwater Bay Training Area. It is also a reflection of the high levels of cooperation and interoperability between the two militaries.
Oakey, Australia is home to the RSAF’s CH-47D helicopter detachment, as well as our RSAF personnel and their families. The large airspace at Oakey allows the RSAF to conduct challenging and realistic training. The detachment also conducts training with The Singapore Army and the Australian Defence Force during Exercise Wallaby and Ex Trident series at the Shoalwater Bay Training Area to sharpen the Singapore Armed Forces’ air-land-sea integrated operations and interoperability with the ADF.
“This is the first time an RSAF CH-47D conducts Deck Landing Training with the Royal Australian Navy. It means a lot to Oakey Detachment for the successful certification of our CH-47D to land on the HMAS Adelaide. It is another milestone that highlights the mutual trust and professionalism between our crews and reaffirms the interoperability between both Armed Forces.” – LTC Jimmy Neo, Oakey Detachment Commander.
“Landing on a deck in a smaller confined area is never an easy feat. Out at sea, a ship may be in rough waters or even be in motion. It requires precise manoeuvres and teamwork to contend with challenging sea conditions. However, with our team of experienced crew and constant practice back home, it allowed us to successfully land on the HMAS Adelaide.” – 1WO Sukhwinder Singh, Air Crew Specialist.
- Bell Boeing awarded $12M contract to modify the V-22 of Japan
- Thames Valley Air Ambulance buy new helmets
- Bell Boeing awarded $188M contract for logistics and engineering support for the V-22 platform
- Mornington Sanford Aviation adds EASA Part 147 approval for Robinson maintenance training
- Savback Helicopters opens in the UK
- CNC deploys new mission suite for Texas DPS Airbus H125
- Philippine National Police to deploy two H125s in Davao Region
- Garmin adds new eLearning courses for G1000H NXi integrated flight deck
- Air Methods settles claim over severely corroded parts
- EHang completes Korean demo tour
- Tangent Link Announces Presentations for Aerial Firefighting Europe
- Rheinland Air Service Appointed as the First German Dealer for the Bell 505
- CAE to acquire TRU Simulation + Training Canada Inc
- Penzance Helicopters cancels schedules for over three months
- Bell appoints first 505 dealer in Germany
- State-of-the-art technology sets new standards in helicopter pilot training
- JETNET Demos Customized Solutions at VBACE
- Philippine National Police receive more Airbus H125s
- Safety Protocols at HAI Heli-Expo 2021
- MD to take MD530F on Southern California demo tour next week