International freight forwarding and transportation specialist Dimerco has won global bids to provide specialized complete-solution supply chain services for a leading helicopter assembly, refitting and operation company in China.
The contract involves shipping near 30 Bell 407 helicopters from Canada to China by the end of 2020, first moving the cargo by air ride truck from Montreal to Toronto, then by air to Tianjin and on to final destination in Xi’an by air ride truck. Transit time for each shipment will take just 7 days.
A spokesperson for Dimerco said that the contract recognized the company’s long experience in the transportation of helicopters, as well as its track record in international logistics, which spans almost 50 years.
“Dimerco’s dedicated local teams in North America and Greater China have long term partnerships both with the relevant airlines and air ride truck operators, so that space booking and transportation will be seamless. We will also coordinate operations with our customer’s customs broker, ultimately achieving door-to-door transportation from Montreal to Xi’an within just one week.” the spokesperson confirmed.
“Unloading the helicopters from aircraft pallets to the air ride truck in Tianjin will pose the highest risk, therefore the Dimerco team has provided a detailed advance brief to the customer and will deliver a customized solution that leverages risk management, monitoring progress closely at each critical logistics point, to keep the customer informed and ensuring this high value cargo remains safe.”
To fulfill the high standards of the quality control process, Dimerco employees monitor loading and unloading on site at both the origin and destination locations as well as conducting regular follow ups with the carrier during transit to update on the shipment’s status.
Dimerco’s solution will include a wide-ranging cargo insurance protection policy, with selected additional clauses added to the basic cover, all of which have been specified by Dimerco to mitigate the high risks associated with loading and unloading the helicopters, and covering long haul transportation to final mile destinations in Inner Mongolia, Heilongjiang, Hainan and Tibet.
“Without doubt, our unrivalled experience of transporting helicopters, together with Dimerco’s global network and dedicated local teams, enabled us to develop a cost-effective, optimized logistics solution that won the confidence of our customer and secured this valued contract,” Dimerco’s spokesperson concluded.
- Bell Boeing awarded $12M contract to modify the V-22 of Japan
- Thames Valley Air Ambulance buy new helmets
- Bell Boeing awarded $188M contract for logistics and engineering support for the V-22 platform
- Mornington Sanford Aviation adds EASA Part 147 approval for Robinson maintenance training
- Savback Helicopters opens in the UK
- CNC deploys new mission suite for Texas DPS Airbus H125
- Philippine National Police to deploy two H125s in Davao Region
- Garmin adds new eLearning courses for G1000H NXi integrated flight deck
- Air Methods settles claim over severely corroded parts
- EHang completes Korean demo tour
- Tangent Link Announces Presentations for Aerial Firefighting Europe
- Rheinland Air Service Appointed as the First German Dealer for the Bell 505
- CAE to acquire TRU Simulation + Training Canada Inc
- Penzance Helicopters cancels schedules for over three months
- Bell appoints first 505 dealer in Germany
- State-of-the-art technology sets new standards in helicopter pilot training
- JETNET Demos Customized Solutions at VBACE
- Philippine National Police receive more Airbus H125s
- Safety Protocols at HAI Heli-Expo 2021
- MD to take MD530F on Southern California demo tour next week