International freight forwarding and transportation specialist Dimerco has won global bids to provide specialized complete-solution supply chain services for a leading helicopter assembly, refitting and operation company in China.
The contract involves shipping near 30 Bell 407 helicopters from Canada to China by the end of 2020, first moving the cargo by air ride truck from Montreal to Toronto, then by air to Tianjin and on to final destination in Xi’an by air ride truck. Transit time for each shipment will take just 7 days.
A spokesperson for Dimerco said that the contract recognized the company’s long experience in the transportation of helicopters, as well as its track record in international logistics, which spans almost 50 years.
“Dimerco’s dedicated local teams in North America and Greater China have long term partnerships both with the relevant airlines and air ride truck operators, so that space booking and transportation will be seamless. We will also coordinate operations with our customer’s customs broker, ultimately achieving door-to-door transportation from Montreal to Xi’an within just one week.” the spokesperson confirmed.
“Unloading the helicopters from aircraft pallets to the air ride truck in Tianjin will pose the highest risk, therefore the Dimerco team has provided a detailed advance brief to the customer and will deliver a customized solution that leverages risk management, monitoring progress closely at each critical logistics point, to keep the customer informed and ensuring this high value cargo remains safe.”
To fulfill the high standards of the quality control process, Dimerco employees monitor loading and unloading on site at both the origin and destination locations as well as conducting regular follow ups with the carrier during transit to update on the shipment’s status.
Dimerco’s solution will include a wide-ranging cargo insurance protection policy, with selected additional clauses added to the basic cover, all of which have been specified by Dimerco to mitigate the high risks associated with loading and unloading the helicopters, and covering long haul transportation to final mile destinations in Inner Mongolia, Heilongjiang, Hainan and Tibet.
“Without doubt, our unrivalled experience of transporting helicopters, together with Dimerco’s global network and dedicated local teams, enabled us to develop a cost-effective, optimized logistics solution that won the confidence of our customer and secured this valued contract,” Dimerco’s spokesperson concluded.
- HAI names Flight Instructor of the Year
- HSC-25 Squadron Conducts Change of Command Ceremony
- Leonardo and Falcon Aviation Services start building Dubai AW609 terminal
- Air Methods targets new Wisconsin base at Hartford
- PLDT’s aviation unit announces rebranding
- Sikorsky awarded $53M contract for four UH-60Ms
- New USHST Report Lays Down a Path for Automatic Flight Control Systems in Light Helicopters
- Bell V-280 Valor short-listed for Collier Trophy
- FRASCA Expands Capacity for Level D FFS Contract
- NY National Guard Honors Fallen Aircrew
- HAI names winner of 2021 Salute to Excellence award for Communications
- Police Aviation News – March 2021 Edition
- Bell awarded $16M contract for engineering AH-Z and UH-1
- EHang Supports Chinese National Transportation Network Plan
- Le Havre marine pilots lose AS365N3 cruise altitude to just 60 feet
- Israel selects CH-53K from Sikorsky over CH-F47 from Boeing
- UK man jailed for shining torch into police helicopter cockpit
- Dropsafe launches Helideck Perimeter Safety Net
- EHang explores coastal Urban Air Mobility with first over-water EH216 flights
- Archer commits Urban Air Mobility Network In Los Angeles by 2024