Helicopter Association International (HAI) i s extending the deadline to submit nominations for the annual Salute to Excellence awards that recognize superior achievement across nine categories of the vertical takeoff and landing (VTOL) industry. Salute nomination packages must be submitted to HAI by Nov. 20, 2020, to be considered.
The original deadline of October 30 has been extended due the request of our members given the current challenging environment. “We know that many helicopter operators and pilots are still actively fighting fires and supporting hurricane relief operations,” says James Viola, president and CEO of HAI. We hope this additional time provides them the opportunity to recognize the extraordinary work everyone is doing.”
Membership in HAI is not a requirement; any person can nominate anyone. Have you or someone you know accomplishe d significant achievements using helicopters or unmanned aircraft systems (UAS, or drones)? Then you should take advantage of this additional time and submit a nomination to these awards, which now also recognize UAS professionals and operations.
“HAI has long recognized individuals and teams in the rotorcraft industry,” continues Viola. “This year, we also wanted to recognize the efforts of those who are expanding the field of rotorcraft to include UAS. These industry professionals are producing meaningful work, and we are excited to include them in our awards program.”
“If you’re thinking about submitting a Salute nomination package, you do still need to hurry,” says Dan Sweet, HAI director of p ublic r elations and c ommunications. “While the deadline remains several weeks away, successful nominations are never done quickly. We find that most winning nominations provide substantial details and documentation about what the nominee did and perspective about how their work contributed to the industry.” More information about submitting nominations is available at rotor.org/salute.
HAI presents Salute to Excellence awards in nine categories, recognizing significant achievements by individuals or teams. Award recipients are acknowledged for their efforts each year at HAI HELI-EXPO, which will be held in 2021 in New Orleans, March 22–25, with the show floor open March 23–25.
The nine award categories include:
• Excellence in Communications
• W.A. “Dub” Blessing Flight Instructor of the Year
• Law Enforcement
• Humanitarian Service
• Golden Hour (Air Ambulance/Medical)
• Maintenance Excellence
• Pilot of the Year
• Lifetime Achievement.
- HAI names Flight Instructor of the Year
- HSC-25 Squadron Conducts Change of Command Ceremony
- Leonardo and Falcon Aviation Services start building Dubai AW609 terminal
- Air Methods targets new Wisconsin base at Hartford
- PLDT’s aviation unit announces rebranding
- Sikorsky awarded $53M contract for four UH-60Ms
- New USHST Report Lays Down a Path for Automatic Flight Control Systems in Light Helicopters
- Bell V-280 Valor short-listed for Collier Trophy
- FRASCA Expands Capacity for Level D FFS Contract
- NY National Guard Honors Fallen Aircrew
- HAI names winner of 2021 Salute to Excellence award for Communications
- Police Aviation News – March 2021 Edition
- Bell awarded $16M contract for engineering AH-Z and UH-1
- EHang Supports Chinese National Transportation Network Plan
- Le Havre marine pilots lose AS365N3 cruise altitude to just 60 feet
- Israel selects CH-53K from Sikorsky over CH-F47 from Boeing
- UK man jailed for shining torch into police helicopter cockpit
- Dropsafe launches Helideck Perimeter Safety Net
- EHang explores coastal Urban Air Mobility with first over-water EH216 flights
- Archer commits Urban Air Mobility Network In Los Angeles by 2024