Helicopter Association International (HAI) i s extending the deadline to submit nominations for the annual Salute to Excellence awards that recognize superior achievement across nine categories of the vertical takeoff and landing (VTOL) industry. Salute nomination packages must be submitted to HAI by Nov. 20, 2020, to be considered.
The original deadline of October 30 has been extended due the request of our members given the current challenging environment. “We know that many helicopter operators and pilots are still actively fighting fires and supporting hurricane relief operations,” says James Viola, president and CEO of HAI. We hope this additional time provides them the opportunity to recognize the extraordinary work everyone is doing.”
Membership in HAI is not a requirement; any person can nominate anyone. Have you or someone you know accomplishe d significant achievements using helicopters or unmanned aircraft systems (UAS, or drones)? Then you should take advantage of this additional time and submit a nomination to these awards, which now also recognize UAS professionals and operations.
“HAI has long recognized individuals and teams in the rotorcraft industry,” continues Viola. “This year, we also wanted to recognize the efforts of those who are expanding the field of rotorcraft to include UAS. These industry professionals are producing meaningful work, and we are excited to include them in our awards program.”
“If you’re thinking about submitting a Salute nomination package, you do still need to hurry,” says Dan Sweet, HAI director of p ublic r elations and c ommunications. “While the deadline remains several weeks away, successful nominations are never done quickly. We find that most winning nominations provide substantial details and documentation about what the nominee did and perspective about how their work contributed to the industry.” More information about submitting nominations is available at rotor.org/salute.
HAI presents Salute to Excellence awards in nine categories, recognizing significant achievements by individuals or teams. Award recipients are acknowledged for their efforts each year at HAI HELI-EXPO, which will be held in 2021 in New Orleans, March 22–25, with the show floor open March 23–25.
The nine award categories include:
• Excellence in Communications
• W.A. “Dub” Blessing Flight Instructor of the Year
• Law Enforcement
• Humanitarian Service
• Golden Hour (Air Ambulance/Medical)
• Maintenance Excellence
• Pilot of the Year
• Lifetime Achievement.
- Bell Boeing awarded $12M contract to modify the V-22 of Japan
- Thames Valley Air Ambulance buy new helmets
- Bell Boeing awarded $188M contract for logistics and engineering support for the V-22 platform
- Mornington Sanford Aviation adds EASA Part 147 approval for Robinson maintenance training
- Savback Helicopters opens in the UK
- CNC deploys new mission suite for Texas DPS Airbus H125
- Philippine National Police to deploy two H125s in Davao Region
- Garmin adds new eLearning courses for G1000H NXi integrated flight deck
- Air Methods settles claim over severely corroded parts
- EHang completes Korean demo tour
- Tangent Link Announces Presentations for Aerial Firefighting Europe
- Rheinland Air Service Appointed as the First German Dealer for the Bell 505
- CAE to acquire TRU Simulation + Training Canada Inc
- Penzance Helicopters cancels schedules for over three months
- Bell appoints first 505 dealer in Germany
- State-of-the-art technology sets new standards in helicopter pilot training
- JETNET Demos Customized Solutions at VBACE
- Philippine National Police receive more Airbus H125s
- Safety Protocols at HAI Heli-Expo 2021
- MD to take MD530F on Southern California demo tour next week