Arizona-based rotor blade manufacturer Van Horn Aviation (VHA) received a Letter of Acceptance from Transport Canada for the company’s updated composite main rotor blades fitting the Bell 206B JetRanger helicopter. Approved by the FAA in August 2020, the new VHA 206B Version 2 main rotor blades may now be installed for use on Bell 206B JetRangers in Canada.
Featuring corrosion resistant carbon fiber skin and spars, an efficient NASA-designed laminar-flow airfoil, tapered tip, and stainless steel/nickel abrasion strips along the entire length of the leading edge, the VHA 206B Version 2 main rotor blades contain different carbon fiber ply counts and orientations than the original VHA 206B main rotor blades. This “softens” the blades to mimic the ride and feel of metal blades while maintaining the increased performance of composite blades.
“We’ve had very good response to the [206B] Version 2 blades out in the field,” said VHA president Dean Rosenlof. “There will always be some pilots who prefer the metal blades because that’s what they are used to, but the pilots who embrace the responsiveness and increased speed of our composite blades are really pleased.”
Available directly from the company and its distributors, the VHA 206B Version 2 main rotor blades (part number 20635000-501) can replace OEM metal main rotor blades part numbers 206-010-200-133 and up. List price is $60,000 per blade, with a service life of 10,000 hours (double the metal blade) and no overhauls required.
- Bell V-280 Valor short-listed for Collier Trophy
- FRASCA Expands Capacity for Level D FFS Contract
- NY National Guard Honors Fallen Aircrew
- HAI names winner of 2021 Salute to Excellence award for Communications
- Police Aviation News – March 2021 Edition
- Bell awarded $16M contract for engineering AH-Z and UH-1
- EHang Supports Chinese National Transportation Network Plan
- Le Havre marine pilots lose AS365N3 cruise altitude to just 60 feet
- Israel selects CH-53K from Sikorsky over CH-F47 from Boeing
- UK man jailed for shining torch into police helicopter cockpit
- Dropsafe launches Helideck Perimeter Safety Net
- EHang explores coastal Urban Air Mobility with first over-water EH216 flights
- Archer commits Urban Air Mobility Network In Los Angeles by 2024
- HAI announces candidates for election to Board of Directors
- Air Evac Lifeteam To Open Air Medical Base in Clarinda
- Embry-Riddle helicopter student wins Veterans Memorial scholarship
- Sikorsky awarded $9M contract for H-53 landing gear
- New US East Coast scheduled helicopter flights to launch in June
- US Army tests UH-60 Load Stability System Litter Attachment from Vita Inclinata
- Raytheon awarded $15M more on CV-22 countermeasures contract