Genesys Aerosystems and Metro Aviation announce that the companies have earned Transport Canada Civil Aviation (TCCA) certification for the Genesys IFR avionics suite on the Airbus EC145e. The FAA previously certified the avionics suite in 2019.
The Genesys avionics suite certified on the EC145e includes four IDU-450 displays in a dual-sided PFD/MFD format with dual redundant ADAHRS, and dual GPS/FMS. The IDU-450 is a lightweight (4.5 lbs/2 kg) comprehensive EFIS display that offers high-resolution LCD glass depicting 3D Synthetic Vision, Highway-In-The-Sky (HITS), Enhanced HTAWS, Integrated FMS, Hover Vector, and many more features. In addition to the night-vision capable displays, the suite includes the IFR HeliSAS Stability Augmentation System and Autopilot.
esigned for either single or dual pilot operations, the two-axis autopilot (with the option for yaw in DPIFR, required for SPIFR) can fit into various program settings and mission profiles. IFR HeliSAS combines traditional autopilot modes, such as heading and navigation hold, with a stability augmentation system that includes envelope protection for ultimate workload reduction and confidence in poor weather conditions.
“With support from Metro Aviation and the Transport Canada approval, we are excited to extend the reach of this solution for HEMS, VIP, and Special Mission operators in Canada,” said Jamie Luster, Director of Sales and Marketing at Genesys Aerosystems. “Our modernized avionics suite is a proven platform for operators looking to increase the utilization and capabilities of their fleet, while also dramatically increasing the safety for pilots and occupants.”
Airmedic, the only privately-owned air medical provider in Quebec, will operate the first IFR-equipped EC145e in Canada. The aircraft was completed at Metro Aviation’s facility in Shreveport, La.
The newly IFR certified Airbus EC145e is offered exclusively through Metro Aviation and they have delivered the EC145e to several EMS programs throughout the U.S
- Bell V-280 Valor short-listed for Collier Trophy
- FRASCA Expands Capacity for Level D FFS Contract
- NY National Guard Honors Fallen Aircrew
- HAI names winner of 2021 Salute to Excellence award for Communications
- Police Aviation News – March 2021 Edition
- Bell awarded $16M contract for engineering AH-Z and UH-1
- EHang Supports Chinese National Transportation Network Plan
- Le Havre marine pilots lose AS365N3 cruise altitude to just 60 feet
- Israel selects CH-53K from Sikorsky over CH-F47 from Boeing
- UK man jailed for shining torch into police helicopter cockpit
- Dropsafe launches Helideck Perimeter Safety Net
- EHang explores coastal Urban Air Mobility with first over-water EH216 flights
- Archer commits Urban Air Mobility Network In Los Angeles by 2024
- HAI announces candidates for election to Board of Directors
- Air Evac Lifeteam To Open Air Medical Base in Clarinda
- Embry-Riddle helicopter student wins Veterans Memorial scholarship
- Sikorsky awarded $9M contract for H-53 landing gear
- New US East Coast scheduled helicopter flights to launch in June
- US Army tests UH-60 Load Stability System Litter Attachment from Vita Inclinata
- Raytheon awarded $15M more on CV-22 countermeasures contract