Amidst the COVID-19 pandemic, Private Aircraft Auction House and industry leader Assent Aeronautics reported Annual Results with over $180MM in aircraft crossing the auction block in the inaugural year of the Luxury Aircraft Auction House, with an eighty-five percent plus (85%+) closing rate of all business aviation aircraft. In response to the pandemic, Assent reimagined its live private aircraft auction format by modifying to a safe, live virtual broadcast, successfully completing a highly profitable and unprecedented year of luxury private aircraft auctions. Assent’s established history as the world’s first and only Live Private Aircraft Auction House, and subsequent proven results, have continued to grow throughout the year without any sign of slowing down, even during a global pandemic.
Assent Live Private Aircraft Auction Statistics:
• $180MM+ in aircraft value crossed the Assent Auction Block in year one
• Assent Private Aircraft Auction House ends inaugural year as a Top Ten aircraft dealer in the world
• 1 Billion+ Impressions generated for each of Assent’s Live Private Auctions: May 15, July 30 and September 24, 2020
• 85%+ of all business aviation aircraft consigned in 2020 have been sold by Assent Private Aircraft Auctions
• 26,285 in total viewership from September 24 auction live stream
• 90+ aircraft consigned and listed by Assent in year one
• 20%+ of all aircraft sales are a result of international buyers
• Assent’s Live Aircraft Auctions perform 228%+ better than other luxury auctions selling assets over $1MM
• Assent Aeronautics’ staff size more than doubled (200%+) during the COVID-19 Pandemic
• Assent announces five (5) more auction dates through 2021
• For more information on Assent Aeronautics and their private aircraft auctions, or to tune in live to the upcoming November 19 auction at 1:00pm CST, visit www.assentauctions.com.
• To view auction highlight videos and aircraft imagery, please click here.
Since December 2019, Assent Aeronautics has hosted four live auctions and has announced additional auction dates to take place both this year and throughout 2021, including the upcoming auction on November 19, 2020 located at Jet Aviation Dallas Love Field, as well as February 4, May 20, September 23, and November 18 all taking place in 2021. As of November 2020, Assent’s auctions have sold aircraft across all business and general aviation categories with the exception of piston helicopters, none of which have yet to be consigned to an auction.
While the COVID-19 pandemic has caused the Assent team to reimagine their business model to fulfill both their clients’ and their own business goals, the transition to a live television and streaming broadcast auction format has increased both sales volume and viewership around the globe. As a result of the global pandemic, many individuals and business leaders have recognized the value and importance of private aircraft ownership in order to have control over their time, as well as their health and safety. Subsequently, clients are choosing to buy and sell with Assent Aeronautics as a result of the transparency, simplicity, and reliability the live private aircraft auctions provide.
Assent is excited to continue its auction partnerships with industry leaders AMSTAT, Jackson Walker, Controller, Jet Aviation, and Conklin & de Decker, a JSSI Company. Even with the transition to a live television and streaming broadcast format, the Assent team succeeded with their quarterly auction series, seeing a great demand for aircraft prior to, during, and after each auction.
“As we close out our inaugural year of luxury private aircraft auctions, we are happy to share the success and growth of the company driven by our transition to a live broadcast stream auction format. Assent is now squarely a top ten aircraft dealer worldwide by volume and by listings inside our launch year,” explained W. Hulsey Smith, President and Founder of Assent Aeronautics. “Since the start of the global pandemic, we have doubled our headcount to better serve our clients and keep up with the demand for private aircraft transactions. We are also thrilled to welcome James Evans, Associate Aircraft Broker, as the latest addition to our team. We are humbled by these financial results and are blessed to see continued growth in Q4 and are hopefully off to a strong start in 2021.”
Assent’s luxury aircraft auctions offer straightforward processes, contracts, and closing procedures that put excitement and clarity into the aircraft buying process. During the live virtual auctions, clients and partners are provided with the same level of expertise and service that they would receive at an in-person auction house event. With digital research tools provided by Assent’s auction partners, auction attendees have immediate and streamlined access to the data they need to make educated bidding decisions.
- PNG LNG adds H145 for Papua New Guinea operations
- EBAA to Send Young Leaders to One Young World Global Youth Summit
- UPMC Mercy Unveils New Rooftop Helipad
- Russian Helicopters delivers first Ansat to a client in Europe
- Asia Pacific Aerospace Extends its T700 MRO Provider Agreement with GE Aviation
- Spectrum Aeromed Brings On New VP of Operations
- Bell Boeing awarded $36M contract for V-22 parts
- Sikorsky awarded $16M contract for VH-3D/VH-60N updates
- Uttarakhand Government to add 8 destinations under Regional Connec
- NHC Northern Helicopter takes over offshore air rescue for the RWE Amrumbank wind farm
- Rush Health Systems now providing PHI Air Medical with blood products
- Georgia Border Police restore weekly Mi-8 flights to Tusheti
- WAI 2021 Conference Goes All-Virtual
- New President named at Sikorsky
- Russian Helicopters completed the transfer of Ka-52 within the framework of the 2020 State Defense Order
- SAAF helicopter squadrons top the Sword of Peace recipient list
- L-3 Technologies awarded $10M contract for procure six AN/SRQ-4 kits for the MH-60
- Papillon Grand Canyon Helicopters restarts West Rim Grand Canyon tours
- Air Methods Announces New Missouri ARCH Air Medical Base
- Garmin Pilot Adds Graphical Airspace and Obstacle NOTAMs