Following a Board resolution of the Kopter Group AG, Marco Viola assumes the responsibility for the general management of the Company as its new Chief Executive Officer (CEO), with immediate effect.
Marco Viola brings to Kopter a long established career in aerospace, from a variety of positions at Leonardo Helicopters, in addition to his previous role where he led the integration process of Kopter into Leonardo. During this time, he acquired in-depth knowledge of Kopter, its talented teams, and the SH09 programme. Marco Viola will now lead Kopter to successfully complete the development, certification and entry into service of the next generation SH09 single-engine helicopter, with Leonardo’s strong support. In parallel, he will position Kopter as Leonardo Helicopters’ competence centre for new light helicopters.
In 2019 Marco Viola held the position of Head of Blades and Composite Rotor Heads Production Centre of Excellence at the Anagni plant. From 2017-2019 he was the Head of Civil/Dual Use Light Platforms within Product Line Management.
Marco Viola joined AgustaWestland (today, the Helicopter Division of Leonardo) in 2003 as a manager in the field of Governmental Customers and Maintenance Service until early 2008. He was then appointed Head of AgustaWestland Customer Regional Support & Services Centre for the Middle East. At the end of 2010, Marco Viola joined AgustaWestland’s Production Unit as Head of Aircraft Repair & Overhaul at the Frosinone plant with responsibility for the Centre of Excellence of several core competencies (Maintenance / Overhaul, and Retrofit of Military Helicopters)
Marco Viola holds a graduate degree in Aeronautical Engineering from the University of Pisa.
Marco Viola is Italian, married and father of three.
- PNG LNG adds H145 for Papua New Guinea operations
- EBAA to Send Young Leaders to One Young World Global Youth Summit
- UPMC Mercy Unveils New Rooftop Helipad
- Russian Helicopters delivers first Ansat to a client in Europe
- Asia Pacific Aerospace Extends its T700 MRO Provider Agreement with GE Aviation
- Spectrum Aeromed Brings On New VP of Operations
- Bell Boeing awarded $36M contract for V-22 parts
- Sikorsky awarded $16M contract for VH-3D/VH-60N updates
- Uttarakhand Government to add 8 destinations under Regional Connec
- NHC Northern Helicopter takes over offshore air rescue for the RWE Amrumbank wind farm
- Rush Health Systems now providing PHI Air Medical with blood products
- Georgia Border Police restore weekly Mi-8 flights to Tusheti
- WAI 2021 Conference Goes All-Virtual
- New President named at Sikorsky
- Russian Helicopters completed the transfer of Ka-52 within the framework of the 2020 State Defense Order
- SAAF helicopter squadrons top the Sword of Peace recipient list
- L-3 Technologies awarded $10M contract for procure six AN/SRQ-4 kits for the MH-60
- Papillon Grand Canyon Helicopters restarts West Rim Grand Canyon tours
- Air Methods Announces New Missouri ARCH Air Medical Base
- Garmin Pilot Adds Graphical Airspace and Obstacle NOTAMs