MHI Vestas has awarded DHSS with a multi-year contract to support maintenance operations at the Deutsche Bucht offshore wind farm in the German sector of the Northsea, which will comprise 31 MHI Vestas wind turbines of type V164-8.4 MW.
Full service provider
The Dutch full service provider of ships agency services and offshore helicopter services will be responsible for helicopter hoist operations for technicians and material to wind turbines using the Leonardo AW169 and/or AW139 helicopter types, from offshore helicopter specialist Heli Services International, with whom DHSS has signed an agreement.
The helicopter hoisting contract follows the long-term one for ships agency and port logistics services as O&M hub in Eemshaven for MHI Vestas at Deutsche Bucht. The helicopter operations will be the first flight operations from Eemshaven heliport, which is situated on walking distance from DHSS it’s logistics base in the port.
“We are delighted that, in very close cooperation with both MHI Vestas and Heli Service International, we as DHSS, have been selected as contract partner for the hoisting activity at Deutsche Bucht. This completes the full scope of assistance, we are providing for the wind farm, where all our service lines are used for the client. We value the cooperation between the 3 main parties involved, the path we have walked together towards this agreement and the continued confidence in our high level of safety, quality and performance standards,” Wim Schouwenaar, CEO of DHSS.
“Having worked with DHSS for several years now, we have utmost confidence in their offshore services in the support of maintenance of our wind turbines,” said Ole Jacob Wang Nielsen, Head of Offshore Engineering and Aviation at MHI Vestas. “DHSS is a trusted partner and we are delighted to have their support with helicopter hoisting at Deutsche Bucht.”
The Deutsche Bucht offshore wind farm is located over 100 kilometres from the German mainland, approximately 95 kilometres North-West of the island of Borkum.
- PNG LNG adds H145 for Papua New Guinea operations
- EBAA to Send Young Leaders to One Young World Global Youth Summit
- UPMC Mercy Unveils New Rooftop Helipad
- Russian Helicopters delivers first Ansat to a client in Europe
- Asia Pacific Aerospace Extends its T700 MRO Provider Agreement with GE Aviation
- Spectrum Aeromed Brings On New VP of Operations
- Bell Boeing awarded $36M contract for V-22 parts
- Sikorsky awarded $16M contract for VH-3D/VH-60N updates
- Uttarakhand Government to add 8 destinations under Regional Connec
- NHC Northern Helicopter takes over offshore air rescue for the RWE Amrumbank wind farm
- Rush Health Systems now providing PHI Air Medical with blood products
- Georgia Border Police restore weekly Mi-8 flights to Tusheti
- WAI 2021 Conference Goes All-Virtual
- New President named at Sikorsky
- Russian Helicopters completed the transfer of Ka-52 within the framework of the 2020 State Defense Order
- SAAF helicopter squadrons top the Sword of Peace recipient list
- L-3 Technologies awarded $10M contract for procure six AN/SRQ-4 kits for the MH-60
- Papillon Grand Canyon Helicopters restarts West Rim Grand Canyon tours
- Air Methods Announces New Missouri ARCH Air Medical Base
- Garmin Pilot Adds Graphical Airspace and Obstacle NOTAMs