Cobham Aerospace Connectivity has announced that Airbus Helicopters has selected four Cobham systems on the H160 Medium-Utility Helicopter:
Digital Audio Communications System (DACS) for audio management and intercom functions. DACS is forward-fit on more civilian helicopters than any other digital audio system in the world.
251 Amplifier for cabin paging/public address. The 251 Amplifier delivers clear audio performance in a reduced size & weight package.
NPX138 Stereo Transceiver as an optional FM Maritime Radio. The NPX138 features a 100-channel memory, 32-character LED display, and 1-10 watt power selectability.
RT-7000 Mission Critical Communications Radio as an optional V/UHF radio system when tactical communications are required. The RT-7000 is a software-defined radio, with modules that may be upgraded as an operator’s requirements and mission evolve, so the aircraft will remain current with AM/FM, P25, and TETRA today, and LTE, SATCOM, HD video, and more in the future.
The H160 is Airbus’ most advanced medium helicopter, featuring an all-composite fuselage for reduced weight and lower fuel consumption, and the Blue Edge five-bladed main rotor for reduced vibration and noise.
David Bulley, Cobham Aerospace Connectivity CEO commented: “Cobham Aerospace Connectivity and Airbus have a strong, long-tenured avionics partnership, and we are proud to have multiple communications systems included on one of the world’s most-advanced helicopter platforms, the H160.”
- HAI names Flight Instructor of the Year
- HSC-25 Squadron Conducts Change of Command Ceremony
- Leonardo and Falcon Aviation Services start building Dubai AW609 terminal
- Air Methods targets new Wisconsin base at Hartford
- PLDT’s aviation unit announces rebranding
- Sikorsky awarded $53M contract for four UH-60Ms
- New USHST Report Lays Down a Path for Automatic Flight Control Systems in Light Helicopters
- Bell V-280 Valor short-listed for Collier Trophy
- FRASCA Expands Capacity for Level D FFS Contract
- NY National Guard Honors Fallen Aircrew
- HAI names winner of 2021 Salute to Excellence award for Communications
- Police Aviation News – March 2021 Edition
- Bell awarded $16M contract for engineering AH-Z and UH-1
- EHang Supports Chinese National Transportation Network Plan
- Le Havre marine pilots lose AS365N3 cruise altitude to just 60 feet
- Israel selects CH-53K from Sikorsky over CH-F47 from Boeing
- UK man jailed for shining torch into police helicopter cockpit
- Dropsafe launches Helideck Perimeter Safety Net
- EHang explores coastal Urban Air Mobility with first over-water EH216 flights
- Archer commits Urban Air Mobility Network In Los Angeles by 2024