CNC Technologies announced it has deployed a new, state-of-the-art airborne mission suite for the Texas Department of Public Safety’s recently acquired Airbus H125 helicopter. Working with aviation and completion services firm Metro Aviation on the assignment, CNC led development and design of the new system and will provide ongoing training and 24/7 support.
The new mission suite provides the Texas DPS with unparalleled capability to stream real-time HD video and data from the H125 to ground based forces around the state and to partners around the world. Key system highlights include the latest generation Wescam MX-10 gyrostabilized gimbal equipped with HD video, advanced video tracker (AVT) and HD infrared payloads; advanced microwave downlink infrastructure to ensure uninterrupted video, audio and data transmission; and a Garmin moving map system that allows operators to seamlessly overlay location specific data on top of live HD video feeds. The system is also fully interoperable with the Texas DPS’ existing ground receive network.
Working with aviation and completion services firm Metro Aviation on the assignment, CNC led development and design of the new system and will provide ongoing training and 24/7 support.
CNC currently provides the Texas DPS with ongoing support for the airborne mission suites deployed on the agency’s two Pilatus PC-12 Spectre fixed-wing aircraft. Each of these systems was custom developed by CNC for the Texas DPS and went into service in 2016. Other agencies CNC works with include the NYPD, LAPD, Michigan State Police, Atlanta Police, Florida Highway Patrol and LA County Sheriff’s Department.
“The Texas DPS is one of the country’s premier public safety agencies with a broad range of mission requirements spanning law enforcement, counterterrorism, disaster response and search and rescue,” said Ron Magocsi, founding partner and chief technology officer at CNC Technologies. “We are honored for the opportunity to extend our ongoing relationship with the agency with the deployment of the new mission suite for its H125 helicopter.”
- Airbus unveils Flightlab testbed for new technologies
- Bristow renews service with Navblue
- Rheinmetall to supply digital classroom for German Navy NH90 training
- Garmin honored with consecutive On-Time Delivery Awards from Airbus
- Kaman Announces New Order for the K-MAX®
- Bell Evaluates Unique APT Configuration in Canada
- Eye In The Sky – Flight Data Recorder – achieves NZ certification
- Most US Helicopter Accident Indicators Pointed in Right Direction During 2020
- FAA Accepting Applications for Workforce Development Grants
- Bell marks 40 years of the 412
- NHV achieves ISO 9001:2015 Re-Certification
- Aero Asset report on Q4 pre-owned twin turbine market
- US helicopters conduct unique training with Greek military
- Devon Air Ambulance flies 1101 missions in 2020
- HAI caves in and cancels Heli-Expo 2021
- 21-Jan-21 ZT-RRT Bell 430 Bergville, South Africa (5F)
- NATA Supports New FAA Online Tool Easing Access to Aviation Safety Guidance
- Bid deadline for Pawan Hans extended by a month
- Air traffic controller saves CV-22 and six crew
- HeliOffshore 2021 Conferences goes virtual