Two H 125 helicopters will be stationed in Davao Region next year, a police official said Monday.
Police Maj. Eudisan Gultiano, spokesperson of Police Regional Office in Region 11 (PRO-11), told the Philippine News Agency that the two units can be expected in February 2021.
Brig. Gen. Filmore Escobal, PRO-11 director, said the deployment is in line with President Rodrigo Duterte’s instruction to deploy air assets of the Philippine National Police (PNP) in Luzon, Visayas, and Mindanao.
“It will further assist in law enforcement operations; conduct of tactical, search and rescue, disaster relief, and urgent field or staff flight operations,” Escobal added.
Escobal said they recently conducted an aerial inspection of the proposed location for an air station in the Davao region.
In preparation for its operationalization, Escobal also vowed to facilitate the usufruct agreement between the local government of the Island Garden City of Samal, where the proposed Air Unit station will be established.
“By having said helicopters, police operation, especially those that need urgency and speed, and aerial support could be performed faster and efficiently. Furthermore, airlift support would be readily available if needed,” Escobal added.
- Airbus unveils Flightlab testbed for new technologies
- Bristow renews service with Navblue
- Rheinmetall to supply digital classroom for German Navy NH90 training
- Garmin honored with consecutive On-Time Delivery Awards from Airbus
- Kaman Announces New Order for the K-MAX®
- Bell Evaluates Unique APT Configuration in Canada
- Eye In The Sky – Flight Data Recorder – achieves NZ certification
- Most US Helicopter Accident Indicators Pointed in Right Direction During 2020
- FAA Accepting Applications for Workforce Development Grants
- Bell marks 40 years of the 412
- NHV achieves ISO 9001:2015 Re-Certification
- Aero Asset report on Q4 pre-owned twin turbine market
- US helicopters conduct unique training with Greek military
- Devon Air Ambulance flies 1101 missions in 2020
- HAI caves in and cancels Heli-Expo 2021
- 21-Jan-21 ZT-RRT Bell 430 Bergville, South Africa (5F)
- NATA Supports New FAA Online Tool Easing Access to Aviation Safety Guidance
- Bid deadline for Pawan Hans extended by a month
- Air traffic controller saves CV-22 and six crew
- HeliOffshore 2021 Conferences goes virtual