Savback Helicopters AB is pleased to be establishing a presence in the UK for the first time with the appointment of Rick Andrew as Commercial Director, effective immediately. Rick joins the family-owned business from Sloane Helicopters, the long established Robinson and Leonardo Helicopters UK sales distributor. Rick was close to the Robinson helicopter community in his former role, as sales and business development manager, working across piston and turbine markets.
As well as supporting existing Savback customers, Rick will work with the team to identify new owners and opportunities. He will also represent the evolving Savback brand at European and UK shows in 2021, including Aero Expo and Private Flyer.
Rick’s arrival is the first step in a wider strategic plan by the specialist, independent helicopter sales brokerage, coinciding with its 21st anniversary.
“Rick Andrew is an excellent addition to our expanding team. He brings valuable knowledge and contacts in the local market and we are really looking forward to working with him,” said Michael Savbäck, Savback Helicopters’ Founder.
“We are responding to the changing climate brought about by the Coronavirus pandemic and imposed national lockdowns,” highlighted Savback Helicopters’ CEO Reja Savbäck, adding that expanding the business to the UK is all part of a larger expansion plan. Covid-19 has brought about a renewed interest in the helicopter as the ultimate point to point transport” she noted.
“I have some great leads to follow up already, so I’m really looking forward to getting stuck in. Savback has a terrific reputation internationally and is very active across many markets. This was a major factor in joining the business,” added New Zealand-born Rick, who moved to the UK eight years ago from Australia where he obtained his fixed wing PPL, aged 20. He moved into helicopter sales after a career in financial services.
Savback Helicopters AB
Savback Helicopters, headquartered in Sweden, specializes in selling helicopters and its founder Michael Savbäck has been active in the industry for more than thirty years. Over the last two decades Savback has successfully garnered a wide international customer base supplying helicopters to a discerning client base all over the world. Since the business was founded in 1999, it has sold close to 900 helicopters — new and pre-owned.
- New Zealand’s first female navy pilot
- Bristow announces FY2021 Q2 Earnings Release Call
- Community Interest Company Donates Face Shields to Wales Air Ambulance
- Oceania Aviation receives STC approval for Bell 429 Bike Rack
- COPA Neil J. Armstrong Scholarships Applications Now Open
- Russian Helicopters develop neonatal EMS interior for Ansat
- Sikorsky and Boeing update Defiant X for US Army FLRAA bid
- Foresight HUMS integrates helicopter-specific data into Digital AirWare MRO software
- Wingcopter secures $22M to expand delivery drone business
- Centum phone location technology approved for Airbus H145
- Bristow achieves ISO 14001 environmental certification for UK operations
- CHC launches partnership for wildfire detection
- Airbus Helicopters resilient in 2020
- CHC wins another UK offshore windfarm contract
- Great Western Air Ambulance reports on 2020 missions
- UK – Children’s Air Ambulance reaches another milestone
- Flyjets adds helicopters to travel planning system
- New multi-million pound Cosford base approved for Midlands Air Ambulance
- Metro Aviation announce STC for Stryker Performance-LOAD Manual Cot Fastener
- Airborne Engines Ltd & Keystone Turbine Services reduce HMU prices