This is the third edition of the Rotorcraft Flight Instructor Guide, now badged as an EASA and Together4Safety document for the first time. The guide was initially developed by the European Helicopter Safety Team (EHEST) based on the Australian Civil Aviation Safety Authority (CASA) Flight Instructor Manual (Helicopter). CASA has kindly made this manual freely available to the EHEST for educational and safety promotion purposes.
The EHEST closed in 2016 and was reestablished as the European Safety Promotion Network Rotorcraft (ESPN-R). EASA and ESPN-R safety promotion publications are branded Together4Safety to highlight the benefit of working together for enhancing safety.
In this third edition of this Guide, further changes have been made to bring Part 1 in line with the requirements of AMC1 FCL.920 – Instructor competencies and assessment and the Teaching and Learning (Instructional Techniques) syllabus as set out in AMC1 FCL.930 – FI Training course. In Part 2, air exercise objectives and lesson checklists have been included for all the flying exercises.
Other changes have been incorporated and sections re-written as a result of suggestions received following publication of Issue 2. Knowing that many instructors already have hard copies of Issue 2.2, this is also available in the downloads section to use as reference.
You may freely download and use this Rotorcraft Flight Instructor Guide and add you logo if so you wish but should not remove the EASA and Together4Safety logos. Please read carefully the Important Notice and Disclaimer provided on page III of the document.
- Airbus unveils Flightlab testbed for new technologies
- Bristow renews service with Navblue
- Rheinmetall to supply digital classroom for German Navy NH90 training
- Garmin honored with consecutive On-Time Delivery Awards from Airbus
- Kaman Announces New Order for the K-MAX®
- Bell Evaluates Unique APT Configuration in Canada
- Eye In The Sky – Flight Data Recorder – achieves NZ certification
- Most US Helicopter Accident Indicators Pointed in Right Direction During 2020
- FAA Accepting Applications for Workforce Development Grants
- Bell marks 40 years of the 412
- NHV achieves ISO 9001:2015 Re-Certification
- Aero Asset report on Q4 pre-owned twin turbine market
- US helicopters conduct unique training with Greek military
- Devon Air Ambulance flies 1101 missions in 2020
- HAI caves in and cancels Heli-Expo 2021
- 21-Jan-21 ZT-RRT Bell 430 Bergville, South Africa (5F)
- NATA Supports New FAA Online Tool Easing Access to Aviation Safety Guidance
- Bid deadline for Pawan Hans extended by a month
- Air traffic controller saves CV-22 and six crew
- HeliOffshore 2021 Conferences goes virtual