MD Helicopters, Inc. (MDHI) has completed a contract to upgrade an MD 500E helicopter to an FAA-certified MD 530F model aircraft as part of MDHI’s long standing E-to-F conversion program.
“The E-to-F conversion program follows a strict, FAA-approved process,” says Nick Nenadovic, Vice President of Aftermarket and Customer Support for MD Helicopters, Inc. “Over eight to 12 weeks, the E Model is disassembled and all airframe modifications, component installations, inspections, testing, and certifications occur. In the end, the aircraft is a fully-certified MD 530F model.”
The aircraft’s owner, a long time MDHI customer located in Texas, chose to convert the aircraft in order to expand its marketable operational capabilities. The conversion increases the aircraft’s gross weight to 3,350 lbs, improves its flight characteristics in confined areas, and boosts cruise speed, all for comparatively low direct operating costs (DOC).
The aircraft is under contract, leased to a professional and high-quality construction, powerline, and aerial lifting service located in Apopka, Florida.
Delivery of the converted MD 530F occurred in October 2020.
MD Helicopters’ exclusive E-to-F conversion program maintains essential safety margins while delivering increased hot-and-high performance capability. Enhancements to the aircraft include:
Engine upgrade from the Rolls Royce 250-C20B to the more powerful RR250-C30
Replacement of the main rotor and tail rotor blades
Upgraded F model main rotor gearbox
Upgraded tail rotor drive shaft
- Airbus unveils Flightlab testbed for new technologies
- Bristow renews service with Navblue
- Rheinmetall to supply digital classroom for German Navy NH90 training
- Garmin honored with consecutive On-Time Delivery Awards from Airbus
- Kaman Announces New Order for the K-MAX®
- Bell Evaluates Unique APT Configuration in Canada
- Eye In The Sky – Flight Data Recorder – achieves NZ certification
- Most US Helicopter Accident Indicators Pointed in Right Direction During 2020
- FAA Accepting Applications for Workforce Development Grants
- Bell marks 40 years of the 412
- NHV achieves ISO 9001:2015 Re-Certification
- Aero Asset report on Q4 pre-owned twin turbine market
- US helicopters conduct unique training with Greek military
- Devon Air Ambulance flies 1101 missions in 2020
- HAI caves in and cancels Heli-Expo 2021
- 21-Jan-21 ZT-RRT Bell 430 Bergville, South Africa (5F)
- NATA Supports New FAA Online Tool Easing Access to Aviation Safety Guidance
- Bid deadline for Pawan Hans extended by a month
- Air traffic controller saves CV-22 and six crew
- HeliOffshore 2021 Conferences goes virtual