Helicopter Technology Company (HTC) is pleased to announce approval of supplemental type certificate 10073531 for the European Union Aviation Safety Agency (EASA).
This certificate/approval is issued by EASA, acting in accordance with Regulation (EU) 2018/1139 on behalf of the European Union, its member states and of the European third countries that participate in the activities of EASA under Article 129 of that regulation and in accordance with Commission Regulation (EU) No. 748/2012.
HTC is now offering an upgraded version of their metal main rotor blades for commercial Bell helicopters 204B, 205A, and 205A-1, along with various UH-1 restricted category helicopters.
The HTC part number 204P2100-103 main rotor blade is a direct replacement for the Bell part number 204-011-250-113 main rotor blade and an upgrade to the HTC part number 204P2100-101 blade.
The new -103 blade offers a titanium single-piece lower grip plate that is not subject to the current 25-hour special inspection. The existing Bell -113 and HTC -101 configurations have a laminate of aluminum and steel. By changing to the titanium single-piece grip, the possibility of disbonding between the two laminates will be eliminated. The -103 is not subject to the AD 2018-02-07 or AD 2018-02-08 blade inspection that requires inspection every 25 hours or two weeks.
HTC’s president states, “We recognized that an upgrade was needed to the main rotor blade grips. We chose titanium for greater strength and worked to get it certificated and into production for UH-1 operators. This upgrade will provide greater safety and eliminate the need for the AD that was requiring inspections every 25 hours.”
Part number 204P2100–103 main rotor blade features:
– FAA certificated, interchangeable in any combination with BHT 204-011-250-113 blade and the HTC 204P2100-101 blade
– Titanium single-piece lower grip plate
– Additional 48-inch (1,219-mm) stainless steel abrasion strip at tip
– 7075 aluminum alloy spar
– High visibility paint scheme
– Main rotor blade life limit of 2,600 hours on: Commercial Bell models 204B, 205A, and 205A-1
– Restricted category UH-1 models UH-1H,UH-1B (with STC SR00026DE tail boom extension installed), TH-1F, UH-1F, and UH-1P
Installation of this blade is fully interchangeable and covered by FAA supplemental type certificate (STC) number SR02492LA.
- Airbus unveils Flightlab testbed for new technologies
- Bristow renews service with Navblue
- Rheinmetall to supply digital classroom for German Navy NH90 training
- Garmin honored with consecutive On-Time Delivery Awards from Airbus
- Kaman Announces New Order for the K-MAX®
- Bell Evaluates Unique APT Configuration in Canada
- Eye In The Sky – Flight Data Recorder – achieves NZ certification
- Most US Helicopter Accident Indicators Pointed in Right Direction During 2020
- FAA Accepting Applications for Workforce Development Grants
- Bell marks 40 years of the 412
- NHV achieves ISO 9001:2015 Re-Certification
- Aero Asset report on Q4 pre-owned twin turbine market
- US helicopters conduct unique training with Greek military
- Devon Air Ambulance flies 1101 missions in 2020
- HAI caves in and cancels Heli-Expo 2021
- 21-Jan-21 ZT-RRT Bell 430 Bergville, South Africa (5F)
- NATA Supports New FAA Online Tool Easing Access to Aviation Safety Guidance
- Bid deadline for Pawan Hans extended by a month
- Air traffic controller saves CV-22 and six crew
- HeliOffshore 2021 Conferences goes virtual