London-based event Helitech Expo has changed its dates from March to 26/27 May 2021, remaining at the ExCeL centre in London.
Organisers Prysm Group have advised that the move is “due to ongoing restrictions on large scale business events and changing government guidelines“.
However, as industry observers we believe that a further significant reason is the March dates were very badly thought out, less than two weeks ahead of HAI Heli-Expo in New Orleans. Both exhibitors and visitors alike would only likely visit one of two closely set events, and the potential up-side of the significantly larger Heli-Expo would much more likely lure anyone with the pandemic in mind.
Let’s hope that a COVID19 vaccine will ensure the future success of both events. Given today’s cancellation of the 2021 Paris Air Show, it’s clear that our industry will remain in precarious times for a while yet.
Final note – it seems that Prysm have also lowered their aspirations of the event and quietly renamed it from “Helitech World Expo” to “Helitech Expo” too.
Jeremy Parkin – HeliHub.com
- New Zealand’s first female navy pilot
- Bristow announces FY2021 Q2 Earnings Release Call
- Community Interest Company Donates Face Shields to Wales Air Ambulance
- Oceania Aviation receives STC approval for Bell 429 Bike Rack
- COPA Neil J. Armstrong Scholarships Applications Now Open
- Russian Helicopters develop neonatal EMS interior for Ansat
- Sikorsky and Boeing update Defiant X for US Army FLRAA bid
- Foresight HUMS integrates helicopter-specific data into Digital AirWare MRO software
- Wingcopter secures $22M to expand delivery drone business
- Centum phone location technology approved for Airbus H145
- Bristow achieves ISO 14001 environmental certification for UK operations
- CHC launches partnership for wildfire detection
- Airbus Helicopters resilient in 2020
- CHC wins another UK offshore windfarm contract
- Great Western Air Ambulance reports on 2020 missions
- UK – Children’s Air Ambulance reaches another milestone
- Flyjets adds helicopters to travel planning system
- New multi-million pound Cosford base approved for Midlands Air Ambulance
- Metro Aviation announce STC for Stryker Performance-LOAD Manual Cot Fastener
- Airborne Engines Ltd & Keystone Turbine Services reduce HMU prices