ITP Aero has signed a contract with CHC Helicopter to provide comprehensive support for its fleet of CT7-8A and CT7-2E1 engines that are flown in its Sikorsky S-92 and Leonardo AW189 helicopters. The contract spans five years and work will be carried out at ITP Aero’s Albacete and Ajalvir facilities in Spain.
The contract includes Engine Health Monitoring (EHM), a technology based on big data analysis that offers important results in predictive engine maintenance. EHM enables monitoring of engine life based on data extraction and analysis, predicting incidents and anticipating the scheduling of precise maintenance. This will allow ITP Aero to analyze the most appropriate moment to carry out necessary minor maintenance, which in turn will prevent issues of a larger scale that would create a higher outlay, thus optimizing maintenance costs.
In addition to EHM, the contract also includes engine repair, fleet engineering activities and mobile repair equipment at CHC Helicopter’s operating bases around the world. It is also worth noting that the contract includes the repair of engines with a Turnaround Time (TAT) – the time between the arrival and entry into service of a faulty engine – of less than 30 days. This is aimed at increasing the availability of the fleet in situations of high demand and reduced spares pool.
- Bell V-280 Valor short-listed for Collier Trophy
- FRASCA Expands Capacity for Level D FFS Contract
- NY National Guard Honors Fallen Aircrew
- HAI names winner of 2021 Salute to Excellence award for Communications
- Police Aviation News – March 2021 Edition
- Bell awarded $16M contract for engineering AH-Z and UH-1
- EHang Supports Chinese National Transportation Network Plan
- Le Havre marine pilots lose AS365N3 cruise altitude to just 60 feet
- Israel selects CH-53K from Sikorsky over CH-F47 from Boeing
- UK man jailed for shining torch into police helicopter cockpit
- Dropsafe launches Helideck Perimeter Safety Net
- EHang explores coastal Urban Air Mobility with first over-water EH216 flights
- Archer commits Urban Air Mobility Network In Los Angeles by 2024
- HAI announces candidates for election to Board of Directors
- Air Evac Lifeteam To Open Air Medical Base in Clarinda
- Embry-Riddle helicopter student wins Veterans Memorial scholarship
- Sikorsky awarded $9M contract for H-53 landing gear
- New US East Coast scheduled helicopter flights to launch in June
- US Army tests UH-60 Load Stability System Litter Attachment from Vita Inclinata
- Raytheon awarded $15M more on CV-22 countermeasures contract