The German Armed Forces (Bundeswehr) have awarded NHV a contract for the provision and maintenance of three H145 aircraft in support of their Special Forces’ training program at Laupheim (HSG64). The one-year contract is foreseen to start in January 2021.
In partnership with Milestone Aviation, NHV will provide two Airbus Helicopters H145D3 and one H145D2 aircraft. NHV’s MRO responsibilities include the management and implementation of maintenance and repair activities, material supply and airworthiness. The company will also provide the necessary training to the Air Force pilots.
With this contract win, NHV makes an entry into the German public market. The company will open a base and line maintenance station, and locate a dedicated team at the Laupheim Air Base in Baden-Württemberg, South Germany, creating a close cooperation with the Bundeswehr team. NHV’s brand new MRO facilities in Ostend (Belgium) will also act in support of the German MRO activities.
“We are honored to become the first non-German company providing this kind of service to the German Armed Forces. The entire team is eager to show NHV’s capability in delivering high-quality maintenance programs for external clients while we continue optimizing our own maintenance processes. This contract also fits in NHV’s long-term strategy to broaden our range of services and grow the MRO branch alongside our flying activities”, says Thomas Hütsch, Chief Operating Officer of the NHV Group.
“Our solid experience with the H145 helicopter type as well as the high number of experienced employees gives us a very good base to handle this contract. With the French Navy, we already gained experience with the military segment. The team and I look forward to now use our expertise in the benefit of the Bundeswehr, ensuring comprehensive support, reliable aircraft and a good working relationship”, adds Bram De Backer, Project Leader and Base Manager for NHV in Ostend.
NHV is the first company providing trading capabilities on the modern H145D3 five-blades helicopter. The twin-engine multi-role H145D3 is based on the enhanced H145 civilian and parapublic rotorcraft and is suited to a wide range of military operations – including transportation, reconnaissance, search and rescue, fire support and evacuations of wounded personnel.
The new contract also brings along several new engineering jobs for which NHV is currently recruiting.
- New Zealand’s first female navy pilot
- Bristow announces FY2021 Q2 Earnings Release Call
- Community Interest Company Donates Face Shields to Wales Air Ambulance
- Oceania Aviation receives STC approval for Bell 429 Bike Rack
- COPA Neil J. Armstrong Scholarships Applications Now Open
- Russian Helicopters develop neonatal EMS interior for Ansat
- Sikorsky and Boeing update Defiant X for US Army FLRAA bid
- Foresight HUMS integrates helicopter-specific data into Digital AirWare MRO software
- Wingcopter secures $22M to expand delivery drone business
- Centum phone location technology approved for Airbus H145
- Bristow achieves ISO 14001 environmental certification for UK operations
- CHC launches partnership for wildfire detection
- Airbus Helicopters resilient in 2020
- CHC wins another UK offshore windfarm contract
- Great Western Air Ambulance reports on 2020 missions
- UK – Children’s Air Ambulance reaches another milestone
- Flyjets adds helicopters to travel planning system
- New multi-million pound Cosford base approved for Midlands Air Ambulance
- Metro Aviation announce STC for Stryker Performance-LOAD Manual Cot Fastener
- Airborne Engines Ltd & Keystone Turbine Services reduce HMU prices