Gastops announced that the Rotary, Aerospace and Surveillance Systems Division of the Australian Defence Force (ADF) has purchased nine ChipCHECK® units to help maximize equipment readiness, improve maintenance efficiency and reduce costs.
The Australian Department of Defence and Defence Aviation Safety Authority (DASA) validated ChipCHECK® through 2019’s Exercise Talisman Sabre, a bi-annual multi-country exercise that ensures combat readiness and interoperability between the Australian and US Forces. The exercise serves as a platform for investigating new technologies and improving overall capabilities.
ChipCHECK® is a state of the art machinery condition monitoring and analysis technology designed and manufactured by Gastops. Australia’s Rotary, Aerospace and Surveillance Systems Division has chosen ChipCHECK® to give equipment maintenance crews immediate, automated, and local chip analysis.
“The ADF has very demanding standards for new technologies and we are honoured to be selected to be a part of their operations,” said Shaun Horning, President and CEO of Gastops. “ChipCHECK® is changing the way aviation maintenance is performed.”
ADF helicopter operators and maintenance staff will now have the ability to accurately assess an aircraft’s propulsion system health and make real-time maintenance decisions at the flight line, at sea or in any location removed from laboratory support. With ChipCHECK®, the ADF achieves an improved maintenance management capability.
“We are very excited that ChipCHECK® has been adopted by the Rotary, Aerospace and Surveillance Systems Division,” said Stephane Daviault, ChipCHECK® Product Manager. “And we continue to support the ADF’s exploration of additional applications that can benefit from ChipCHECK®.”
- New Zealand’s first female navy pilot
- Bristow announces FY2021 Q2 Earnings Release Call
- Community Interest Company Donates Face Shields to Wales Air Ambulance
- Oceania Aviation receives STC approval for Bell 429 Bike Rack
- COPA Neil J. Armstrong Scholarships Applications Now Open
- Russian Helicopters develop neonatal EMS interior for Ansat
- Sikorsky and Boeing update Defiant X for US Army FLRAA bid
- Foresight HUMS integrates helicopter-specific data into Digital AirWare MRO software
- Wingcopter secures $22M to expand delivery drone business
- Centum phone location technology approved for Airbus H145
- Bristow achieves ISO 14001 environmental certification for UK operations
- CHC launches partnership for wildfire detection
- Airbus Helicopters resilient in 2020
- CHC wins another UK offshore windfarm contract
- Great Western Air Ambulance reports on 2020 missions
- UK – Children’s Air Ambulance reaches another milestone
- Flyjets adds helicopters to travel planning system
- New multi-million pound Cosford base approved for Midlands Air Ambulance
- Metro Aviation announce STC for Stryker Performance-LOAD Manual Cot Fastener
- Airborne Engines Ltd & Keystone Turbine Services reduce HMU prices