PAC International recently completed and delivered a new Bell 407GXi helicopter to the Virginia State Police. The State Police Aviation Unit’s primary mission is to provide search, rescue, law enforcement and medical evacuation.
Pilots are gaining an extra set of eyes with the installation of a Garmin GTS 800 Traffic Advisory System (TAS), which combines active surveillance with passive (ADS-B) surveillance and simultaneously tracks up to 45 targets. The aircraft is also equipped with the Garmin GRA55 radar altimeter, GDL69 XM weather receiver, Artex emergency locator transmitter, Devore Tel-Tail lights, Precise Flight Pulselite system, and custom exterior paint.
Mission-specific equipment including an AeroComputers U6000 mapping system, FLIR 8500 camera, and Trakka A800 searchlight system with Meeker mounts was also installed. Due to the department’s dual mission profile, the aircraft is also equipped with a Lifeport MedDeck pivoting litter, O2 system, True Blue medical inverter, PAC scene lights, and more.
“The State Police Aviation Unit has been flying since 1984, and it is always an honor to partner with a prolific organization with such a bold history,” said PAC Director of Maintenance Ed Wahl. “PAC International is well-versed in law enforcement completions and we enjoyed customizing this aircraft for the Virginia State Police.”
PAC International has more than forty years of experience completing and customizing helicopters. Located in Mount Pleasant, Pennsylvania, PAC is a Bell Customer Service Facility and FAA-approved completion and customization facility for Leonardo and Airbus Helicopters.
- New Zealand’s first female navy pilot
- Bristow announces FY2021 Q2 Earnings Release Call
- Community Interest Company Donates Face Shields to Wales Air Ambulance
- Oceania Aviation receives STC approval for Bell 429 Bike Rack
- COPA Neil J. Armstrong Scholarships Applications Now Open
- Russian Helicopters develop neonatal EMS interior for Ansat
- Sikorsky and Boeing update Defiant X for US Army FLRAA bid
- Foresight HUMS integrates helicopter-specific data into Digital AirWare MRO software
- Wingcopter secures $22M to expand delivery drone business
- Centum phone location technology approved for Airbus H145
- Bristow achieves ISO 14001 environmental certification for UK operations
- CHC launches partnership for wildfire detection
- Airbus Helicopters resilient in 2020
- CHC wins another UK offshore windfarm contract
- Great Western Air Ambulance reports on 2020 missions
- UK – Children’s Air Ambulance reaches another milestone
- Flyjets adds helicopters to travel planning system
- New multi-million pound Cosford base approved for Midlands Air Ambulance
- Metro Aviation announce STC for Stryker Performance-LOAD Manual Cot Fastener
- Airborne Engines Ltd & Keystone Turbine Services reduce HMU prices