Ornge, Ontario’s provider of air ambulance and critical care transport services, announces Peter Cunnington, Acting Chief Operating Officer – Aviation has been appointed to the Air Transport Association of Canada (ATAC) Board of Directors. The appointment is for a three year term commencing December 2020 to November 2023.
Cunnington holds a helicopter Airline Transport Pilot License and has accumulated over 5000 flight hours in his career. He has a Bachelor’s degree from Western University in London Ontario.
At Ornge, Cunnington is responsible for the oversight of Rotor Wing Operations, Fixed Wing Operations, Aircraft Maintenance Operations and Aviation Safety operations of the company. He offers more than 20 years of experience in the Critical Care Transport Medicine landscape.
“I am excited about the opportunity to serve on the ATAC Board of Directors,” says Peter Cunnington, Acting Chief Operting Officer – Aviation. “I firmly believe in the ATAC mission and commitment to a safe, world-leading and sustainable Canadian air transport industry. Air ambulance services across Canada are an integral part to Canada’s aviation landscape.”
Peter Cunnington’s career began in 1997 in the Helicopter EMS industry as a pilot with the British Columbia Air Ambulance Service, transitioning to EMS Captain serving the province of Ontario in 2002. During that time, he served as a Flight Standards Captain in both Ontario and the Province of Nova Scotia’s Emergency Health Services. He held progressively larger roles as a Training Captain, Check Pilot and Chief Pilot for Ornge’s Air Ambulance Helicopter program, ultimately transitioning to Director of Flight Operations-Rotor Wing having overall responsibility for all aspects of safe flying operations across Ornge’s Rotor Wing fleet and as liaison with Transport Canada and applicable regulatory agencies.
- 16-Jan-21 517 Bell UH-1H Busdi, Philippines (7F)
- Australia – CASA appoints acting CEO
- Nigerian AF partners with Caverton Helicopters for maintenance
- Container Research Corp wins V-22 aux tank contract
- Naval Supply Systems Command addresses V-22 supply concern
- Australia to replace Tiger with AH-64E
- GAO reports on Washington DC area helicopter noise concerns
- HAI addresses pandemic worries about holding Heli-Expo 2021
- First flight for Airbus H160 for All Nippon Helicopter
- UK AAIB Bulletin – January 2021
- NTSB announces public board meeting on Kobe Bryant S76 accident
- General Electric Aviation awarded $101M contract for support of CH-53K
- Second Nigerian Air Force Mi-171E inducted
- RACQ CQ Rescue publishes 2020 mission stats
- LifeNet Partners with Columbus Community Hospital to Provide Air Medical Services
- US Army requests funding for Rescue Litter Stabilization System
- Bell Certifies New Helicopter Flight Data Monitoring Device
- Bristow appoints Area Manager in Brazil
- Updated Bucher EMS interior approved by EASA on H135
- The Loar Group Announces the Acquisition of Safe Flight Instrument Corporation