The HSE has a long-standing arrangement in place to provide a helicopter service for transporting the GP, Public Health Nurse and other HSE primary care staff to the island for planned healthcare provision.
This requirement will now be met by Executive Helicopters Maintenance ltd. A licensed holder operating for over 23 years, the company has a long track record for its safety, reliability, discretion and customer service.
The new contract will come into effect from 1st January 2021. The helicopter will be stationed at Falcarragh. The HSE prioritised Tory Island in ensuring minimum disruption to services following the UK’s exit from the European Union.
John Hayes, Chief Officer, Community Healthcare Organisation Area 1 (Cavan, Donegal, Leitrim, Monaghan and Sligo) stated:
“Tory Island is Ireland’s most remote inhabited island, with a population of approximately 150 people. As an island, its remoteness presents daily challenges not just for the inhabitants, but for the HSE in its ability to deliver quality health services to the island population. We are fully committed to continuing to rise to the challenge and serving the health needs of the residents of Tory Island. We are delighted that Executive Helicopters Maintenance ltd will enable the continued provision of planned healthcare to the residents. and we look forward to working with them to provide this essential service”.
- 16-Jan-21 517 Bell UH-1H Busdi, Philippines (7F)
- Australia – CASA appoints acting CEO
- Nigerian AF partners with Caverton Helicopters for maintenance
- Container Research Corp wins V-22 aux tank contract
- Naval Supply Systems Command addresses V-22 supply concern
- Australia to replace Tiger with AH-64E
- GAO reports on Washington DC area helicopter noise concerns
- HAI addresses pandemic worries about holding Heli-Expo 2021
- First flight for Airbus H160 for All Nippon Helicopter
- UK AAIB Bulletin – January 2021
- NTSB announces public board meeting on Kobe Bryant S76 accident
- General Electric Aviation awarded $101M contract for support of CH-53K
- Second Nigerian Air Force Mi-171E inducted
- RACQ CQ Rescue publishes 2020 mission stats
- LifeNet Partners with Columbus Community Hospital to Provide Air Medical Services
- US Army requests funding for Rescue Litter Stabilization System
- Bell Certifies New Helicopter Flight Data Monitoring Device
- Bristow appoints Area Manager in Brazil
- Updated Bucher EMS interior approved by EASA on H135
- The Loar Group Announces the Acquisition of Safe Flight Instrument Corporation