The team at HeliHub.com would like to wish all our readers a very Happy Christmas and we pray that 2021 sees us all with a more positive view ahead, and with the expectation of getting a COVID-19 vaccine very soon. Since HeliHub.com founder Jeremy Parkin launched the world’s first helicopter news website back in 1999, this year has brought more challenges to our industry than any other.
Some of the HeliHub.com team are located in places where we are not allowed to make any unnecessary journeys (except to purchase food or attend medical appointments) or even meet with anyone outside our own household except on a 1-1 basis in public open space. We particularly think of those who, through no fault of their own, will celebrate the 25th on their own. If you know anyone in that situation, reach out to them and celebrate virtually.
We see many companies across the aviation industry giving in to Political Correctness and sending “Happy Holidays” greetings, and if you are one of those, bah humbug to you! At Christmas we celebrate the birth of Jesus, and we trust many of our readers will take time to consider what that means to the world, perhaps through attending an online church service.
The HeliHub.com team is now taking a break, and we will restart posting news from Monday 4th January. Information on how to subscribe to a single news email summary can be found here – and if you focus on offshore, EMS or law enforcement operations, there’s a newsletter designed for you so you only get the pertinent information for your sector of the industry.
- NATA Supports New FAA Online Tool Easing Access to Aviation Safety Guidance
- Bid deadline for Pawan Hans extended by a month
- Air traffic controller saves CV-22 and six crew
- HeliOffshore 2021 Conferences goes virtual
- EHang to Provide UAM Services in Hengqin New Area in Zhuhai, China
- Spectrum Aeromed Hires New QMS Compliance Manager
- CAE partners with The LOSA Collaborative
- CH-53K King Stallion completes first sea trials
- Volocopter Launches Campaign to Bring Electric Air Taxi Services to U.S. Cities
- STARS Lottery fundraiser remains as critical as ever
- SPAES creates Bo105 digital cockpit based on Garmin 500H
- Russia certifies Guimbal G2 Cabri
- UK – National Grid to add second Bell 429
- First flight of UAVOS – TITRA joint project
- New Leonardo ASW system achieves milestone
- FAA Approves AeroLEDs For Part 27 Rotorcraft AeroLEDs
- Royal Navy opens new helipad facility in Plymouth
- Airbus improves EC145 anti-collision light
- STARS adds fourth and fifth Airbus H145 to fleet
- Airbus Helicopters will NOT be at Heli-Expo 2021