Caverton Helicopters is heralding the arrival of their new Sikorsky S92 as the first operated by a Nigerian-owned operator. Evidently they are distinguishing themselves from US-based Bristow, who have operated S92s in the West African country for many years.
The aircraft’s arrival also marks the first time that a helicopter shipped into the port has been assembled and flown from there. All previous port movements have been transported out by road for their first flight in-country from an airport. The Nigerian Ports Authority handled the aircraft last week and the required engineering work such as blade fitment was completed inside the PTML terminal at the Tin Can Island port of Lagos. The helicopter was then flown to Ikeja airport on 1st January.
The helicopter is serial number 920299. It was first registered with the FAA by Sikorsky in July 2015, and later marked on the FAA register as built in 2017 and taken delivery by the lessor in February 2018. It has thus been parked awaiting a lease for close on three years.
Jeremy Parkin – HeliHub.com
- 27-Dec-20 G-MCSK Sikorsky S92 Aberdeen, UK
- CHC Norway wins S92 contract with Equinor and Var Energi
- 08-Dec-20 G-CLHW Sikorsky S92 Sumburgh, UK
- ITP Aero signs contract to provide engine MRO for CHC S92 and AW189
- Milestone delivers first S92 to Caverton Helicopters
- 25-Sep-20 LN-ONQ Sikorsky S92 Stavangar, Norway
- 25-Sep-20 LN-ONQ Sikorsky S92 Sola, Norway
- Babcock wins major new contracts with Total E&P UK
- HM Coastguard flies first UK unmanned SAR missions
- ITP Aero wins engine MRO contract for CHC S-92s and AW189s
- General Electric awarded $11M extra for Presidential V-92 contract
- Babcock wins major new North Sea helicopter contract from Bristow
- Sikorsky receives second contract for six Presidential S92s
- Bristow Announces Contract Extensions with ConocoPhillips
- Sikorsky Honours S92 Operators
- Sikorsky introduces S-92A+ and S-92B upgrades
- First Sikorsky S92 retired from active service
- 13-Dec-19 G-WNSV Sikorsky S92 Sumburgh, UK
- Babcock Offshore secures new North Sea helicopter contract
- 25-Oct-19 5N-BOA Sikorsky S92 Port Hardcourt, Nigeria