For nearly 35 years, Bell Textron Canada delivers innovative products, enhanced customer experience and superior service and support for customers around the globe. Recently, they’ve gone above and beyond to create a Design & Manufacturing Safety Management System based on an industry standard. This system ensures quick resolutions to any aircraft build challenges, which are clearly communicated across engineering, manufacturing and business teams. It is a cohesive effort to strengthen our commercial products, resulting from team innovation and collaboration with external partners, including the Aerospace Industries Association of Canada.
Because of this effort, our team members at Bell Textron Canada Ltd. received recognition from Transport Canada (TC) for completing the requirements of the presence and suitability assessment as a first step in the process of the Voluntary Safety Management System program. As pioneers in the aerospace industry, Bell is the first Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) to achieve this Design and Manufacturing (D&M) Safety Management System (SMS) recognition from Canadian authorities. This significant milestone follows prior approval of the D&M SMS by the FAA authorities of the U.S. based sites.
“The Design & Manufacturing Safety Management System showcases Bell’s commitment to the exceptional safety and quality of our dynamic platforms,” said Benoit Albert, flight safety officer, Bell.
With a diverse range of global commercial operators that leave lasting impacts through their missions, Bell always strives to enhance aircraft build operations and pilot and passenger experience. After all, recognition from government partners serves as a bold testament to our extensive capabilities and continued pursuit to change the way the world flies.
- NATA Supports New FAA Online Tool Easing Access to Aviation Safety Guidance
- Bid deadline for Pawan Hans extended by a month
- Air traffic controller saves CV-22 and six crew
- HeliOffshore 2021 Conferences goes virtual
- EHang to Provide UAM Services in Hengqin New Area in Zhuhai, China
- Spectrum Aeromed Hires New QMS Compliance Manager
- CAE partners with The LOSA Collaborative
- CH-53K King Stallion completes first sea trials
- Volocopter Launches Campaign to Bring Electric Air Taxi Services to U.S. Cities
- STARS Lottery fundraiser remains as critical as ever
- SPAES creates Bo105 digital cockpit based on Garmin 500H
- Russia certifies Guimbal G2 Cabri
- UK – National Grid to add second Bell 429
- First flight of UAVOS – TITRA joint project
- New Leonardo ASW system achieves milestone
- FAA Approves AeroLEDs For Part 27 Rotorcraft AeroLEDs
- Royal Navy opens new helipad facility in Plymouth
- Airbus improves EC145 anti-collision light
- STARS adds fourth and fifth Airbus H145 to fleet
- Airbus Helicopters will NOT be at Heli-Expo 2021