Fabio Nannoni, Senior Vice President for Safety Management Governance at Leonardo Helicopters, has been commended with two impressive accolades from two prestigious and respected bodies in the aerospace community. Recently, the Royal Aeronautical Society announced Mr Nannoni was awarded an Honorary Fellowship in recognition of his ‘profound contribution to helicopter design’.
In addition, Mr Nannoni was also selected for the Vertical Flight Society’s Prestigious 2021 Nikolsky Lectureship. The lectureship recognises an ‘individual who has a highly distinguished career in vertical flight aircraft research and development and is skilled at communicating technical knowledge and experience’.
About Fabio Nannoni
Fabio Nannoni joined Agusta in 1985 and was initially involved in the development of methodologies for the Preliminary Design of Rotorcraft applicable to all fields of Flight Mechanics.
In the 1990s, Mr Nannoni was responsible for Agusta’s Aeromechanics Department; he participated in the design, development and certification of the EH101, A119, A109 Power, AW109 Grand, AW109 GrandNew, A129 helicopters and the AW139.
In 2003, after the certification of the AW139, Mr Nannoni became the aircraft’s Chief Project Engineer. Within this role, he looked after the industrialisation, customisation and initial operations of the AW139.
He was appointed Head of the Helicopter Systems Design Department in 2007 and in this role; Mr Nannoni managed the integration of the AgustaWestland new products portfolio. In 2009, he was named Senior Vice President of Engineering at the now Leonardo Helicopters.
Since July 2019, Fabio Nannoni has been responsible for Safety Systems Governance at Leonardo Helicopters.
- NATA Supports New FAA Online Tool Easing Access to Aviation Safety Guidance
- Bid deadline for Pawan Hans extended by a month
- Air traffic controller saves CV-22 and six crew
- HeliOffshore 2021 Conferences goes virtual
- EHang to Provide UAM Services in Hengqin New Area in Zhuhai, China
- Spectrum Aeromed Hires New QMS Compliance Manager
- CAE partners with The LOSA Collaborative
- CH-53K King Stallion completes first sea trials
- Volocopter Launches Campaign to Bring Electric Air Taxi Services to U.S. Cities
- STARS Lottery fundraiser remains as critical as ever
- SPAES creates Bo105 digital cockpit based on Garmin 500H
- Russia certifies Guimbal G2 Cabri
- UK – National Grid to add second Bell 429
- First flight of UAVOS – TITRA joint project
- New Leonardo ASW system achieves milestone
- FAA Approves AeroLEDs For Part 27 Rotorcraft AeroLEDs
- Royal Navy opens new helipad facility in Plymouth
- Airbus improves EC145 anti-collision light
- STARS adds fourth and fifth Airbus H145 to fleet
- Airbus Helicopters will NOT be at Heli-Expo 2021