Horix Aerospace is pleased to announce the completion of the dismantling process of 2 Leonardo AW109 helicopters, an A109 K2 and an A109E Power.
Dismantling was performed in accordance with the Horix Trust Dismantling Program, where the helicopter owner has the opportunity to delegate the entire process to Horix.
All parts have been inspected and released to service with an EASA Form 1 and traced in accordance with the Horix AS9120B quality certification.
When an aircraft passes 15 years of life, in most cases its market value is less than the sum of its components. This is the reason why we increasingly see the dismantling of very young airliners. The same thing happens with bizjets and helicopters.
A 20 year old AW109 may be too expensive to maintain, reason why dismantling for parts is an always recommended option.
We believe the AW139 short nose, especially those in VVIP configuration, will be an interesting platform for similar dismantling programs, due to very high maintenance costs limiting its competitivity in the second-hand market.
The dismantling has been performed by the Swiss MRO Karen Helicopters Services, a Company with which Horix Aerospace has signed a long-term cooperation agreement for the helicopter dismantling process related to the AW109 and AW139 models. “This agreement further strengthens the partnership between the two companies,” said Luca Carlino, director of Karen.
Marco Taufer, Chief Commercial Officer of Horix Aerospace agrees. “We are very excited to work with the most experienced Swiss MRO for the AW109 and AW139 helicopters and we are pleased to be a partner in Karen’s growth.”
“From this partnership we aim to become the European center of excellence for the dismantling of AW109 and AW139 helicopters”, concludes Marco Taufer.
- NATA Supports New FAA Online Tool Easing Access to Aviation Safety Guidance
- Bid deadline for Pawan Hans extended by a month
- Air traffic controller saves CV-22 and six crew
- HeliOffshore 2021 Conferences goes virtual
- EHang to Provide UAM Services in Hengqin New Area in Zhuhai, China
- Spectrum Aeromed Hires New QMS Compliance Manager
- CAE partners with The LOSA Collaborative
- CH-53K King Stallion completes first sea trials
- Volocopter Launches Campaign to Bring Electric Air Taxi Services to U.S. Cities
- STARS Lottery fundraiser remains as critical as ever
- SPAES creates Bo105 digital cockpit based on Garmin 500H
- Russia certifies Guimbal G2 Cabri
- UK – National Grid to add second Bell 429
- First flight of UAVOS – TITRA joint project
- New Leonardo ASW system achieves milestone
- FAA Approves AeroLEDs For Part 27 Rotorcraft AeroLEDs
- Royal Navy opens new helipad facility in Plymouth
- Airbus improves EC145 anti-collision light
- STARS adds fourth and fifth Airbus H145 to fleet
- Airbus Helicopters will NOT be at Heli-Expo 2021