The Philippine Army (PA) on Friday said a local conglomerate’s donation of a Messerschmitt-Bolkow-Blohm Bo 105 multi-purpose helicopter will greatly help in the development of its rotary aviation capabilities.
“The PA is grateful for Mr. Manny V. Pangilinan’s donation of the said helicopter that will serve as a catalyst for developing Army’s future rotary aviation and a springboard to improve the capacity of army aviation in supporting government agencies in the face of disasters and calamities in the country,” PA spokesperson Col. Ramon Zagala said in a statement.
The helicopter was turned over to the PA’s Aviation “Hiraya” Regiment by the business tycoon through the Metro Pacific Investments Corporation Foundation in a ceremony at the Armed Forces of the Philippines (AFP) headquarters in Camp Aguinaldo, Quezon City on Thursday.
“The PA is pushing for additional mission-essential equipment to develop the ‘Hiraya’ Regiment’s capability of supporting combined operations through the acquisition of Armed Reconnaissance Helicopters, Medium Lift Multi-purpose Helicopters, and Special Mission Aircraft. In addition to its acquisition projects, the Regiment offers training under the Aviator Qualification Course and the Rotary Wing Transition Course to develop the capabilities of its aviation personnel,” Zagala said.
The Aviation “Hiraya” Regiment was activated on Oct. 2, 2019 and at present commanded by Col. Andre B. Santos.
The Regiment was expanded from Army Aviation Battalion and has been instrumental in the PA’s aerial reconnaissance and maritime patrols over Northern Luzon, Eastern Mindanao, and Western Mindanao Command.
- NATA Supports New FAA Online Tool Easing Access to Aviation Safety Guidance
- Bid deadline for Pawan Hans extended by a month
- Air traffic controller saves CV-22 and six crew
- HeliOffshore 2021 Conferences goes virtual
- EHang to Provide UAM Services in Hengqin New Area in Zhuhai, China
- Spectrum Aeromed Hires New QMS Compliance Manager
- CAE partners with The LOSA Collaborative
- CH-53K King Stallion completes first sea trials
- Volocopter Launches Campaign to Bring Electric Air Taxi Services to U.S. Cities
- STARS Lottery fundraiser remains as critical as ever
- SPAES creates Bo105 digital cockpit based on Garmin 500H
- Russia certifies Guimbal G2 Cabri
- UK – National Grid to add second Bell 429
- First flight of UAVOS – TITRA joint project
- New Leonardo ASW system achieves milestone
- FAA Approves AeroLEDs For Part 27 Rotorcraft AeroLEDs
- Royal Navy opens new helipad facility in Plymouth
- Airbus improves EC145 anti-collision light
- STARS adds fourth and fifth Airbus H145 to fleet
- Airbus Helicopters will NOT be at Heli-Expo 2021