Coastwide Helicopters, a division of GCH Aviation has launched a new Heli biking experience.
The company has purchased a set of DART helicopter bike racks from Canada which can carry up to four E-Bikes up to the top of the new Paparoa Track. These bike racks are designed to protect expensive bikes in a vertical frame so the bikes and passengers all make it to the top in one piece.
The Paparoa track on the West Coast of the South Island is New Zealand’s newest Great Walk to be formed as a shared walking and Mountain biking track. The 56.2 km track is maintained to an advanced Grade 4 mountain biking standard.
GCH Aviation Coastwide Helicopters have a variety of Heli bike landing sites along the Paparoa Track, allowing for easy access to the track
Offering this service will cut 10-15km and 800-1000m of vertical climb, so it will be achievable to complete the rest of the Paparoa track in 1 day for the experienced mountain biker.
Group Marketing manager for the GCH Aviation Group says it’s a winner for the West Coast. Mountain Bikers can arrive in Greymouth in the morning, get landed close to the track and begin the days adventure and be back in Greymouth for a beer later that day. Having this product on offer will encourage people to stay in Greymouth pre and post their ride.
We expect it will be popular with experienced mountain bikers and the recreational mountain biker alike. I don’t think it will just be mountain bikers who want a lift to the top. No one really loves a vertical climb!
Established in 1983, GCH Aviation is the only company to hold the prestigious Helicopter Association of New Zealand Diamond Safety Award for 30+ years continuous service without injury accident to self, passengers or crew.
GCH Aviation is headquartered in Christchurch at a purpose-built aviation base at Christchurch Airport. With other helicopter bases in Nelson, Kaikoura, Wellington, Vanuatu and Fiji, the company owns more than 30 aircraft and employs over 120 staff across its helicopter and fixed wing aircraft services which as well as tourism flights, also includes certified flight training, air rescue and air ambulance operations. GCH Aviation is the only New Zealand aviation company to be an accredited Virtuoso Travel supplier.
- Airbus unveils Flightlab testbed for new technologies
- Bristow renews service with Navblue
- Rheinmetall to supply digital classroom for German Navy NH90 training
- Garmin honored with consecutive On-Time Delivery Awards from Airbus
- Kaman Announces New Order for the K-MAX®
- Bell Evaluates Unique APT Configuration in Canada
- Eye In The Sky – Flight Data Recorder – achieves NZ certification
- Most US Helicopter Accident Indicators Pointed in Right Direction During 2020
- FAA Accepting Applications for Workforce Development Grants
- Bell marks 40 years of the 412
- NHV achieves ISO 9001:2015 Re-Certification
- Aero Asset report on Q4 pre-owned twin turbine market
- US helicopters conduct unique training with Greek military
- Devon Air Ambulance flies 1101 missions in 2020
- HAI caves in and cancels Heli-Expo 2021
- 21-Jan-21 ZT-RRT Bell 430 Bergville, South Africa (5F)
- NATA Supports New FAA Online Tool Easing Access to Aviation Safety Guidance
- Bid deadline for Pawan Hans extended by a month
- Air traffic controller saves CV-22 and six crew
- HeliOffshore 2021 Conferences goes virtual