Airbus Helicopters Canada has delivered two new twin-engine H145 helicopters to STARS, a physician driven non-profit helicopter air ambulance organization serving Western Canada, continuing the company’s multi-year fleet renewal program for nine new helicopters. The four remaining helicopters to be delivered will arrive in the new five-bladed configuration, beginning later this year.
STARS’ H145 helicopters, fitted with helicopter emergency medical service (HEMS) interiors, will support STARS in providing a safe, rapid, highly specialized emergency medical transport for the critically ill and injured, many of which are located in rural areas.
“We’re about halfway through our H145 deliveries and having them in our fleet has already been a game changer for our operations,” said David Harding, Chief Aviation Officer, STARS. “This platform is uniquely suited for our demanding HEMS operations, and we really look forward to getting our first 5-bladed variants later this year and the increased performance and capabilities they will bring.”
The H145 was chosen following an extensive competitive process thanks to its cutting-edge technology, advanced safety features, and exceptional HEMS heritage. Offering the largest cabin in its class and unbeatable payload, the H145 is perfectly suited for STARS’ mission requirements. Its versatility, spacious cabin and rear-loading clamshell doors have made the H145 the leading choice for air medical programs in Canada and worldwide.
- Le Havre marine pilots lose AS365N3 cruise altitude to just 60 feet
- Israel selects CH-53K from Sikorsky over CH-F47 from Boeing
- UK man jailed for shining torch into police helicopter cockpit
- Dropsafe launches Helideck Perimeter Safety Net
- EHang explores coastal Urban Air Mobility with first over-water EH216 flights
- Archer commits Urban Air Mobility Network In Los Angeles by 2024
- HAI announces candidates for election to Board of Directors
- Air Evac Lifeteam To Open Air Medical Base in Clarinda
- Embry-Riddle helicopter student wins Veterans Memorial scholarship
- Sikorsky awarded $9M contract for H-53 landing gear
- New US East Coast scheduled helicopter flights to launch in June
- US Army tests UH-60 Load Stability System Litter Attachment from Vita Inclinata
- Raytheon awarded $15M more on CV-22 countermeasures contract
- Veelo Technologies Helping to Keep Aircraft Rotor Blades Out of the Oven
- Avfuel Adds Webinar and Human Factors Course to Training System
- EHang provides details of sales contracts to refute Wolfpack allegations
- Bristow closes $400M Notes offering and pays off term loans
- Whirly-Girls International release 2021 Scholarship Recipients
- SAFE wins contract for US Army UH-60 work platforms
- TKK Orders 2nd EC135 FTD from FRASCA