The Russian Federal Air Transport Agency – FATA – delivered to Helicopteres Guimbal on December, 24th, the validation Type Certificate for the Cabri G2 helicopter. This significant certification is a conclusion to a process started in 2019 which included extensive technical exchanges and a thorough flight evaluation. Russia has one of the largest experience in helicopters and present some certification specificities including requirement on climate and Flight Manual.
This success opens to the Cabri G2 the largest market so far unexplored. Russia is the 40th country to certify the Cabri G2. Already two customers are identified.
In 2020, Helicopteres Guimbal delivered 16 new helicopters (excluding the VSR 700 UAV program), 20% down from 2019. The quasi-totality of the world fleet has been concerned by flight restrictions or grounding due to the Covid-19.
However, the order book is significantly improving compared to the end of 2019, a globally bad year for civilian helicopters. According to CEO & owner Bruno Guimbal, “the company enters 2021 in good shape, with intact team and skills, and exciting projects for the future”.
- New US East Coast scheduled helicopter flights to launch in June
- US Army tests UH-60 Load Stability System Litter Attachment from Vita Inclinata
- Raytheon awarded $15M more on CV-22 countermeasures contract
- Veelo Technologies Helping to Keep Aircraft Rotor Blades Out of the Oven
- Avfuel Adds Webinar and Human Factors Course to Training System
- EHang provides details of sales contracts to refute Wolfpack allegations
- Bristow closes $400M Notes offering and pays off term loans
- Whirly-Girls International release 2021 Scholarship Recipients
- SAFE wins contract for US Army UH-60 work platforms
- TKK Orders 2nd EC135 FTD from FRASCA
- Schiebel first UAS Operator in Europe to receive LUC from Austro Control
- Cornwall Air Ambulance now carries blood products
- EHang 216 AAV completes first trial flights in Beijing airspace
- Emergency Services affected by Facebook Australia news ban
- Second group of Botswana police pilots training on Enstrom 480B
- Mauritius signs helicopter lease with India
- London’s Air Ambulance extends maintenance contract with SAS
- Bell Delivers Three Huey IIs to the Lebanese Air Force
- HAL Hands Over ALHs to the Indian Navy and Indian Coast Guard
- HAL’s LUH Receives IOC