The Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) is seeking applications for two Aviation Workforce Development Grant programs aimed at developing and inspiring a more inclusive pool of pilots and aviation maintenance technicians to join the next generation of aviation professionals.
The Aircraft Pilots Workforce Development Grants provide money to expand the pilot workforce and educate students to become pilots, aerospace engineers or unmanned aircraft systems operators. The Aviation Maintenance Technical Workers Workforce Development Grants will help prepare a more inclusive talent pool of aviation maintenance technicians. Applicants from academia and the aviation community can submit applications through www.grants.gov through March 22.
Eligible organizations may apply for grants ranging from $25,000 to $500,000 for any single grant per fiscal year.
The Notice of Funding Opportunity for each grant provides detailed information on eligibility, deadlines, evaluation criteria and application procedures. To ensure fair and open competition for the grants, answers to public questions will be posted on the FAA website at www.faa.gov/go/awd. Potential applicants are encouraged to visit the site to review answers to frequently asked questions, eligibility requirements and guidelines that may assist them to complete their grant application.
- New US East Coast scheduled helicopter flights to launch in June
- US Army tests UH-60 Load Stability System Litter Attachment from Vita Inclinata
- Raytheon awarded $15M more on CV-22 countermeasures contract
- Veelo Technologies Helping to Keep Aircraft Rotor Blades Out of the Oven
- Avfuel Adds Webinar and Human Factors Course to Training System
- EHang provides details of sales contracts to refute Wolfpack allegations
- Bristow closes $400M Notes offering and pays off term loans
- Whirly-Girls International release 2021 Scholarship Recipients
- SAFE wins contract for US Army UH-60 work platforms
- TKK Orders 2nd EC135 FTD from FRASCA
- Schiebel first UAS Operator in Europe to receive LUC from Austro Control
- Cornwall Air Ambulance now carries blood products
- EHang 216 AAV completes first trial flights in Beijing airspace
- Emergency Services affected by Facebook Australia news ban
- Second group of Botswana police pilots training on Enstrom 480B
- Mauritius signs helicopter lease with India
- London’s Air Ambulance extends maintenance contract with SAS
- Bell Delivers Three Huey IIs to the Lebanese Air Force
- HAL Hands Over ALHs to the Indian Navy and Indian Coast Guard
- HAL’s LUH Receives IOC