Due to the poor charging power of the pre-installed USB charging unit of its Airbus H145 helicopters, SPAES was commissioned to replace the system. For the new USB charging unit, the customer selected a device he preferred with a better efficiency.
To achieve this, the pre-installed charging system was removed, and the necessary wiring and mechanical parts were replaced.
The new USB Charger was installed on the same position as the previous system.
The new charger units, the new structural parts and the associated cables and small parts were manufactured by SPAES in its own Part 21G production organization and certified with a Form 1.
The procurement of the installation KITs and the approval of the system from a single source was the decisive argument for our customer to realize the project with us. With the installation of the new USB Charger, the pilots can quickly and reliably charge all the required devices during the operation of the helicopter by day and night,” says Joachim Kies, Head of Operations at SPAES GmbH & Co. KG.
The replacement of the USB charging unit was carried out with a Minor Change at SPAES own EASA Part 21J design organization. The installation KITs were assembled at SPAES and delivered to the customer upon completion. The installation was performed at the customer’s own Part 145 maintenance organization.
For further information please visit www.spaes.de
About the company SPAES GmbH & Co. KG:
The SPAES GmbH & Co. KG is a growing company in the aviation sector. Specialized in technical solutions, the portfolio includes products and services for aviation, but also the design and certification of devices, own products and systems as well as their integration and certification in the aircraft. These are certified according to European Technical Standard specifications (ETSO).
As an independent EASA Part 21J Design Organization SPAES offers the execution of Supplemental Type Certificate (STC), Minor Change and Minor Repair for the areas of avionics, cabin, structure, electrical systems, night vision imaging systems and medical equipment.
In our own EASA Part 21G Production Organization we manufacture customer specific and own products as well as installation KIT’s with EASA Form 1, which are installed in the aircraft by Part 145 companies.
Joachim Schanz, Managing Director SPAES GmbH & Co. KG, founded the company in Mannheim in 2014. In 2019 the headquarters was moved from Mannheim to Karlsruhe.
- New US East Coast scheduled helicopter flights to launch in June
- US Army tests UH-60 Load Stability System Litter Attachment from Vita Inclinata
- Raytheon awarded $15M more on CV-22 countermeasures contract
- Veelo Technologies Helping to Keep Aircraft Rotor Blades Out of the Oven
- Avfuel Adds Webinar and Human Factors Course to Training System
- EHang provides details of sales contracts to refute Wolfpack allegations
- Bristow closes $400M Notes offering and pays off term loans
- Whirly-Girls International release 2021 Scholarship Recipients
- SAFE wins contract for US Army UH-60 work platforms
- TKK Orders 2nd EC135 FTD from FRASCA
- Schiebel first UAS Operator in Europe to receive LUC from Austro Control
- Cornwall Air Ambulance now carries blood products
- EHang 216 AAV completes first trial flights in Beijing airspace
- Emergency Services affected by Facebook Australia news ban
- Second group of Botswana police pilots training on Enstrom 480B
- Mauritius signs helicopter lease with India
- London’s Air Ambulance extends maintenance contract with SAS
- Bell Delivers Three Huey IIs to the Lebanese Air Force
- HAL Hands Over ALHs to the Indian Navy and Indian Coast Guard
- HAL’s LUH Receives IOC