Asian Sky Group (ASG), announces that Alud Davies has joined the company as director of its Media and Communications division, ASIAN SKY MEDIA (ASM).
Davies brings 18 years of diverse experience in commercial and business aviation publishing and communications. In 2019 Sapphire Pegasus Business Aviation Awards honoured Alud with the prestigious award of “Business Aviation Journalist of the Year.”
Alud will oversee the Asian Sky Media division, which publishes industry-leading reports covering a broad and diverse range of topics relevant to business aviation. ASM’s publication roster covers fleet data on business jets, helicopters, and charter aircraft. Its special editions cover infrastructure and training schools and many other key topics. ASM also hosts podcasts with industry leaders. In addition to its publications, ASM’s industry experts offer consulting services to clients, assisting in the development of their brand awareness and marketing strategies in Asia.
Jeffrey Lowe, CEO of ASG commented, “We are fortunate to recruit an industry personality and innovator of Alud’s stature and experience. We look forward to welcoming him to Hong Kong as soon as travel is permitted, although like everyone in a COVID world he is adept at using virtual connections and is already contributing to ASM. As Founder of BizJetBlogger and Editor of Corporate Jet Investor, Alud demonstrated creativity and forward-thinking, and we look forward to him leading our media division into its second decade.”
Lowe added, “ASG came through 2020 with one of its best years. Our financial performance improved notwithstanding the challenges of a horrible global pandemic. We will use our resources to support Alud in adding new publications, researching cutting edge trends, distributing additional podcasts, and migrating trade shows to virtual platforms.”
Alud commented, “I am incredibly excited to join Asian Sky Group and look forward to moving to Hong Kong. ASG was one of the first entities to recognize the potential for general aviation in Asia. Its dual language publications and podcasts, in both English and Chinese, have a global audience, and its brand reaches Europe and the Americas. It is a privilege to be chosen to head its media division and participate in ASG’s celebration of its ten-year anniversary and embarkation on a new decade. Plans are already underway to launch new publications to cover cutting edge topics such as urban air mobility.”
Mr. Davis began his career working for AirClaims in London and remained through its acquisition by FlightGlobal. He was the Founder of “BizJetBlogger” and joined Corporate Jet investor in 2014, eventually being named Editor.
ABOUT ASIAN SKY GROUP
ASIAN SKY GROUP (ASG), established in 2011, is headquartered in Hong Kong with offices throughout the Asia-Pacific region. Its 20-person team of professionals, fluent in Mandarin and English, provide a wide-range of business and general aviation services, including sales and brokerage of fixed wing and rotary aircraft, aircraft inspections, charter arrangements, and media and consulting managed by its Asian Sky Media division.
ASG is an affiliate of Avion Pacific Limited, one of the very first mainland China-based general aviation service providers with over 28 years of experience. With its subsidiary Kings Aviation, Avion Pacific has six sales offices across China, and 38 professions throughout Asia. ASG is backed by U.S. based Seacor Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: CKH).
ABOUT ASIAN SKY MEDIA
ASIAN SKY MEDIA (ASM) is a wholly owned subsidiary of ASG that assists clients with brand development and positioning in the region, as well as evaluating strategic options for growth. ASM publishes a dozen industry-leading reports on the business jet, helicopter, and charter fleets in Asia-Pacific, as well as reports on general aviation, infrastructure, and training schools across the region. Asian Sky Media has been recognized by AsBAA as the Best Media Company in Asia-Pacific 4 years in a row and is the leading brand provider for the general and business aviation industry in the region.
- New US East Coast scheduled helicopter flights to launch in June
- US Army tests UH-60 Load Stability System Litter Attachment from Vita Inclinata
- Raytheon awarded $15M more on CV-22 countermeasures contract
- Veelo Technologies Helping to Keep Aircraft Rotor Blades Out of the Oven
- Avfuel Adds Webinar and Human Factors Course to Training System
- EHang provides details of sales contracts to refute Wolfpack allegations
- Bristow closes $400M Notes offering and pays off term loans
- Whirly-Girls International release 2021 Scholarship Recipients
- SAFE wins contract for US Army UH-60 work platforms
- TKK Orders 2nd EC135 FTD from FRASCA
- Schiebel first UAS Operator in Europe to receive LUC from Austro Control
- Cornwall Air Ambulance now carries blood products
- EHang 216 AAV completes first trial flights in Beijing airspace
- Emergency Services affected by Facebook Australia news ban
- Second group of Botswana police pilots training on Enstrom 480B
- Mauritius signs helicopter lease with India
- London’s Air Ambulance extends maintenance contract with SAS
- Bell Delivers Three Huey IIs to the Lebanese Air Force
- HAL Hands Over ALHs to the Indian Navy and Indian Coast Guard
- HAL’s LUH Receives IOC