Nigerian operator Caverton Helicopters is moving into operations with Sikorsky S76D helicopters. This may be a response to the Bristow Helicopters flying eight S76Ds in their Nigerian fleet – the only location that the Houston-based global operator flies the D model on a regular basis. Caverton’s offshore operations have in recent years been based around the Leonardo AW139, but were recently bolstered with a Sikorsky S92, seen in the background of the image below from the operator.
Caverton is taking on three S76Ds from the fleet of Thai Aviation Services via leasing company Milestone. The first is seen here on arrival at Ikeja, and the second is currently in air freight transit, courtesy of Cargolux who flew the first example from Bangkok via Baku to Luxembourg. It then went to Liege in Belgium for it’s final leg of its airfreight journey down to Lagos.
Caverton’s previous venture into Sikorsky S76s involved three C++ aircraft from the Heli-Union fleet in early 2013, but each had had been returned to the French operator by 2018.
This move leaves the Thai Aviation Services fleet with a current fleet of two S76Ds and two S92s.
Jeremy Parkin – HeliHub.com
- EHang 216 AAV completes first trial flights in Beijing airspace
- Emergency Services affected by Facebook Australia news ban
- Second group of Botswana police pilots training on Enstrom 480B
- Mauritius signs helicopter lease with India
- London’s Air Ambulance extends maintenance contract with SAS
- Bell Delivers Three Huey IIs to the Lebanese Air Force
- HAL Hands Over ALHs to the Indian Navy and Indian Coast Guard
- HAL’s LUH Receives IOC
- Student pilot disputes NTSB report
- New rules for helicopter flights in the Everest region
- EHang Further Rebuts Short-Seller’s Allegations Concerning its Relationship with Kunxiang
- Minot AFB already preparing for MH-139A Grey Wolf
- Indonesian Army receive second Bell 412EPI
- Irish Community Rapid Response Air Ambulance reports 2020 stats
- EHang Wins Urban Air Mobility Call from Paris
- Gulf Med Aviation Services to invest in MRO training
- WAI receives $250,000 grant to fund additional scholarships
- Sloane Helicopters ranked in top 40 UK private companies for international sales growth
- Strategic New Appointments At Midlands Air Ambulance Charity
- Foreign Military Sale to the Government of Kuwait of AH-64E Apache