Airbus has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with FlyBlade India (BLADE) – a joint venture between U.S.-based technology-powered air mobility company Blade Urban Air Mobility Inc. and Indian investment firm Hunch Ventures – to help develop the on-demand helicopter services market in South Asia.
Airbus and BLADE will collaborate to create awareness about on-demand helicopter services, among helicopter operators, customers and other stakeholders in the region. The two will also work together to identify ways to increase BLADE’s fleet size in South Asia. One of the ways to do so will be by supporting BLADE to gain access to the Airbus fleet of helicopters available with its operators in the region.
“BLADE recognises Airbus as an industry leader in aviation and is looking to leverage its global knowledge and networks in creating a sustainable urban air mobility ecosystem”, said Karanpal Singh, Founder of Hunch Ventures. “This coupled with our on-ground consumer knowledge will help find mobility solutions for various on-demand and mission critical applications such as healthcare.”
“Airbus believes in the region’s potential as a top helicopter market in the world,” said Rémi Maillard, President & Managing Director, Airbus India & South Asia. “To this end, we are pleased to support BLADE India’s aim of expanding their on-demand helicopter mobility services to more people in more places in South Asia and pave the way for the introduction of new technologies and services.”
BLADE is a technology-powered, global urban air mobility platform operating in some of the most congested ground routes in the U.S. and abroad. In India, BLADE is currently offering regular services in Mumbai, Pune and Shiridi routes in Maharashtra. It also offers special shuttle services in this region and is planning to start new routes. It is headquartered in Gurugram.
Airbus pioneers sustainable aerospace for a safe and united world. The Company constantly innovates to provide efficient and technologically-advanced solutions in aerospace, defence, and connected services. In commercial aircraft, Airbus offers modern and fuel-efficient airliners and associated services. Airbus is also a European leader in defence and security and one of the world’s leading space businesses. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions and services worldwide.
- Bell V-280 Valor short-listed for Collier Trophy
- FRASCA Expands Capacity for Level D FFS Contract
- NY National Guard Honors Fallen Aircrew
- HAI names winner of 2021 Salute to Excellence award for Communications
- Police Aviation News – March 2021 Edition
- Bell awarded $16M contract for engineering AH-Z and UH-1
- EHang Supports Chinese National Transportation Network Plan
- Le Havre marine pilots lose AS365N3 cruise altitude to just 60 feet
- Israel selects CH-53K from Sikorsky over CH-F47 from Boeing
- UK man jailed for shining torch into police helicopter cockpit
- Dropsafe launches Helideck Perimeter Safety Net
- EHang explores coastal Urban Air Mobility with first over-water EH216 flights
- Archer commits Urban Air Mobility Network In Los Angeles by 2024
- HAI announces candidates for election to Board of Directors
- Air Evac Lifeteam To Open Air Medical Base in Clarinda
- Embry-Riddle helicopter student wins Veterans Memorial scholarship
- Sikorsky awarded $9M contract for H-53 landing gear
- New US East Coast scheduled helicopter flights to launch in June
- US Army tests UH-60 Load Stability System Litter Attachment from Vita Inclinata
- Raytheon awarded $15M more on CV-22 countermeasures contract