Women in Aviation International (WAI) is thrilled to offer 47 new scholarships in a variety of aviation career pursuits thanks to a generous $250,000 grant from the Conrad N. Hilton Foundation. Details of the scholarships will be posted at WAI.org on March 1, 2021.
Scholarships include funding to further members’ interests in air traffic control, aviation maintenance, flight training, helicopter ratings, and space. New to this round of scholarships are four scholarships, each worth $3,000 for WAI Chapter members outside of the United States, to be applied towards completion of an additional flight certificate.
“WAI is very grateful for the support of the Conrad N. Hilton Foundation to support these additional scholarships for our members and honor the legacy of Barron Hilton’s love of aviation,” Allison McKay, WAI CEO says. “We know that scholarships change lives, and our members truly appreciate this financial support to pursue their aviation dreams.”
With the additional 2021 Spring Scholarships, total WAI scholarships awarded in 2021 are valued at over $731,800, and more than $14 million since 1995.
Winners of the 2021 Spring Scholarships will be notified by July 1, 2021 with funds disbursed by August 1, 2021. In order to qualify for a scholarship, the applicant must be an active WAI member through March 2022. Applications for the 2021 Spring Scholarships are due May 18, 2021. Details of each scholarship, application requirements and FAQs, plus tips for submitting a winning application can be found on March 1, 2021 at wai.org/scholarships.
- Bell V-280 Valor short-listed for Collier Trophy
- FRASCA Expands Capacity for Level D FFS Contract
- NY National Guard Honors Fallen Aircrew
- HAI names winner of 2021 Salute to Excellence award for Communications
- Police Aviation News – March 2021 Edition
- Bell awarded $16M contract for engineering AH-Z and UH-1
- EHang Supports Chinese National Transportation Network Plan
- Le Havre marine pilots lose AS365N3 cruise altitude to just 60 feet
- Israel selects CH-53K from Sikorsky over CH-F47 from Boeing
- UK man jailed for shining torch into police helicopter cockpit
- Dropsafe launches Helideck Perimeter Safety Net
- EHang explores coastal Urban Air Mobility with first over-water EH216 flights
- Archer commits Urban Air Mobility Network In Los Angeles by 2024
- HAI announces candidates for election to Board of Directors
- Air Evac Lifeteam To Open Air Medical Base in Clarinda
- Embry-Riddle helicopter student wins Veterans Memorial scholarship
- Sikorsky awarded $9M contract for H-53 landing gear
- New US East Coast scheduled helicopter flights to launch in June
- US Army tests UH-60 Load Stability System Litter Attachment from Vita Inclinata
- Raytheon awarded $15M more on CV-22 countermeasures contract