Lycoming Engines, a Textron Inc. (NYSE:TXT) company, today announced Michael Kraft as its new senior vice president and general manager, replacing Ian Walsh who was promoted to Chief Innovation Officer at Textron Systems. Lycoming is an operating unit of Textron Systems.
As Lycoming's senior vice president and general manager, Kraft will oversee all aspects of the business, reporting to Fred Strader, chief operating officer of Textron Systems. Formerly Lycoming's vice president of Research, Development & Engineering, Kraft led a high-performing team that accelerated product development, while still meeting the company's high engine safety and performance standards. He also led Lycoming's Air Safety Investigation unit.
"Mike's work, along with that of the entire Lycoming team, has helped Lycoming re-emerge as a recognized innovator and leader in the General Aviation market," said Strader. "His first-hand knowledge of customer needs and solid technology credentials will help further strengthen Lycoming's capabilities and product lines, positioning the business to grow as the market recovers."
"Lycoming is an outstanding company, full of talented people and great products. We have a great history dating back to 1907 and a bright future as we continue to service our proven engines and introduce new cutting-edge engines that keep our customers flying high," added Kraft.
Kraft joined Lycoming in 2007 following engineering and general management positions at Andritz, GE Power Systems and GE Aircraft Engines. He holds bachelor and master degrees in Aeronautics and Astronautics from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology.
Lycoming Engines specializes in Engineering, Manufacture, Service and Support of piston aircraft engines. Headquartered in Williamsport, Pennsylvania, Lycoming piston engines power more than half of the world's general aviation fleet - both rotary-wing and fixed-wing. Lycoming Engines is a division of Avco Corporation, a wholly owned subsidiary of Textron Inc. More information is available at www.lycoming.com.
About Textron Inc.
Textron Inc. is a multi-industry company that leverages its global network of aircraft, defense, industrial and finance businesses to provide customers with innovative solutions and services. Textron is known around the world for its powerful brands such as Bell Helicopter, Cessna Aircraft Company, Jacobsen, Kautex, Lycoming, E-Z-GO, Greenlee, and Textron Systems. More information is available at www.textron.com.
- NZ heliski firm fined $6,000
- Vector Aerospace showcases GEMS engine management program at EBACE
- SHG receives its 70th Eurocopter
- Bristow Group Announces 25% Dividend Increase
- FLIR Systems wins $23M US Coast Guard order
- Swiss air ambulances at war – Rega v TCS
- Air Methods Reaches Highest Level in FAA’s Safety Management System Program
- CAE-built Lynx full-mission flight trainer celebrates 25 years of service
- Universal Avionics Expands International Repair Capabilities for the EFI-890R/890H
- Soloy sells 12 Honeywell engine kits for Chinese AC311 helicopter
- CALSTAR appoints new Chief Pilot
- Universal Avionics Announces New Warranty Program
- Barco unveils new US Training/Simulation Demo Center
- UK Apache Hellfire missiles restocked in £15M deal
- Branding Iron hires new PR/Marketing Coordinator
- Register Update – USA – week to 19 May 2013
- New Helicopter Base in Valdosta Aimed at Saving Lives
- UK – Castle Air opens new base at Biggin Hill
- Ka-226T completes test EMS missions for Winter Olympics in Sochi
- StandardAero New Regional Manager for Russia, India and Asia-Pacific