Lycoming Engines, a Textron Inc. (NYSE:TXT) company, today announced Michael Kraft as its new senior vice president and general manager, replacing Ian Walsh who was promoted to Chief Innovation Officer at Textron Systems. Lycoming is an operating unit of Textron Systems.
As Lycoming's senior vice president and general manager, Kraft will oversee all aspects of the business, reporting to Fred Strader, chief operating officer of Textron Systems. Formerly Lycoming's vice president of Research, Development & Engineering, Kraft led a high-performing team that accelerated product development, while still meeting the company's high engine safety and performance standards. He also led Lycoming's Air Safety Investigation unit.
"Mike's work, along with that of the entire Lycoming team, has helped Lycoming re-emerge as a recognized innovator and leader in the General Aviation market," said Strader. "His first-hand knowledge of customer needs and solid technology credentials will help further strengthen Lycoming's capabilities and product lines, positioning the business to grow as the market recovers."
"Lycoming is an outstanding company, full of talented people and great products. We have a great history dating back to 1907 and a bright future as we continue to service our proven engines and introduce new cutting-edge engines that keep our customers flying high," added Kraft.
Kraft joined Lycoming in 2007 following engineering and general management positions at Andritz, GE Power Systems and GE Aircraft Engines. He holds bachelor and master degrees in Aeronautics and Astronautics from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology.
Lycoming Engines specializes in Engineering, Manufacture, Service and Support of piston aircraft engines. Headquartered in Williamsport, Pennsylvania, Lycoming piston engines power more than half of the world's general aviation fleet - both rotary-wing and fixed-wing. Lycoming Engines is a division of Avco Corporation, a wholly owned subsidiary of Textron Inc. More information is available at www.lycoming.com.
About Textron Inc.
Textron Inc. is a multi-industry company that leverages its global network of aircraft, defense, industrial and finance businesses to provide customers with innovative solutions and services. Textron is known around the world for its powerful brands such as Bell Helicopter, Cessna Aircraft Company, Jacobsen, Kautex, Lycoming, E-Z-GO, Greenlee, and Textron Systems. More information is available at www.textron.com.
- R66 lands at North Pole
- Nine new customers in China for Enstrom
- Eurocopter to supply EC225 and AS350B3e to China’s State Grid General Aviation Company
- CAE upgrades visuals on Royal Navy Lynx Mk8 full-mission simulator
- Keystone Med-Flight Announces New VP of Operations
- Fourth corporate AW139 sold into UK market
- REACH adds sixth EC135
- Enstrom breaks ground on production plant expansion
- Bell promotes innovation at AHS Forum 69
- HAI at AHS Forum 69
- Court rejects helicopter haze injunction
- Rivalry develops in air ambulance service
- Castleberry Instruments & Avionics Relocates for Growth
- Keystone Turbine Services Honeywell-approved for P&WC PT6 Series Accessory Support
- EBACE – Heli Asset places first Eurocopter EC155B1 into Switzerland
- EBACE – Corporate EC175 features dimmable windows and cabin partitions
- EBACE – JSSI reaches 10,000th Asset Milestone
- EBACE – Eurocopter launches EC175 with VIP/executive interior
- NZ heliski firm fined $6,000
- Vector Aerospace showcases GEMS engine management program at EBACE