The Brazilian Army has signed contracts with both Turbomeca and Helibras Brazil which will result in the modernization of 34 of their Eurocopter AS565K Panthers, or “Pantera” as they are known locally. These aircraft were acquired in 1988.
The upgrades include installation of new engines, avionics and navigation radios.Â Military engineers will be involved in all phases of the program, including the participation of Army mechanics and maintenance workers in both the execution of the services and knowledge transfer of new technologies.
The contract calls for four helicopters to be updated each year, with the upgraded aircraft to be delivered btween 2011 and 2021.
- First show of the new Russian light helicopter to take place at HeliRussia 2018
- Milestone Aviation provides four new H135 helicopters to ADAC
- Oceania Aviation receives award from MD Helicopters
- New mission systems extend the capabilities for the German Federal Police Air Support
- Honeywell provides support to AW139 Leonardo fleets
- Trakka announces SWE-400 Quad Orders
- 4 Key Helicopter Technologies That Will Save Lives
- Mid-Continent Named Authorized BendixKing Repair Partner
- Marine Corps Plans for Super UAS
- Charleston County Sheriff Replace Aging Bell
- DART Aerospace certifies lightweight Bell 505 Bearpaws
- MD Helicopters announces scholarship recipient
- Aero Products partners with Pall Aerospace
- StandardAero Announces Plans Expansion
- Voom’s helicopter commuting service launches in Mexico City
- Leonardo boosts international growth
- PHI Announces Appointment of new Director to Board of Directors
- AAMS Board of Directors – Open Call for Region 1 Director
- Dallas Airmotive reduces PW206C Engine Overhaul TAT
- Sloane Helicopters announced as new Penzance Heliport operator