The Brazilian Army has signed contracts with both Turbomeca and Helibras Brazil which will result in the modernization of 34 of their Eurocopter AS565K Panthers, or “Pantera” as they are known locally. These aircraft were acquired in 1988.
The upgrades include installation of new engines, avionics and navigation radios.Â Military engineers will be involved in all phases of the program, including the participation of Army mechanics and maintenance workers in both the execution of the services and knowledge transfer of new technologies.
The contract calls for four helicopters to be updated each year, with the upgraded aircraft to be delivered btween 2011 and 2021.
- Avic ready to export Z-19 attack helicopter
- CH-53K running short of crucial part
- Te Anau Retains Helicopter Base
- Airbus to showcase at Euronaval
- Portuguese Air Force orders 5 AW119Kx
- Helitech to change name as expo adapts to changing market
- Kopter announces new distributor for the Nordic countries
- CHC Australia Announces Australian Apprentices
- Competitive boost and enhanced operational capabilities for H145
- MRO software providers team up with Airbus
- SAF expands fleet
- Bell launches certified training facilities
- Waypoint Delivers One H145 Helicopter to Los Andes
- Leonardo expands helicopter maintenance and repair services in Europe
- EuroTec Gains Approval for EC130/H130 Main Battery Kit
- DRF Luftrettung to expand its H145 fleet
- New extended Support-By-the-Hour range
- Royal Dutch Touring Club ANWB and Airbus sign for six H135s
- Safran introduces brand-new customer portal
- Helitrans expands H125 fleet