The Brazilian Army has signed contracts with both Turbomeca and Helibras Brazil which will result in the modernization of 34 of their Eurocopter AS565K Panthers, or “Pantera” as they are known locally. These aircraft were acquired in 1988.
The upgrades include installation of new engines, avionics and navigation radios.Â Military engineers will be involved in all phases of the program, including the participation of Army mechanics and maintenance workers in both the execution of the services and knowledge transfer of new technologies.
The contract calls for four helicopters to be updated each year, with the upgraded aircraft to be delivered btween 2011 and 2021.
- Australia accepts last of 24 MH-60Rs
- BLR Aerospace starts taking orders for H125 FastFin
- DRF Luftrettung reports on first half year statistics
- Era Group Announces FY 2016 Q2 Earnings Release Call
- Top 3 Emerging Trends in the Global Helicopter Simulator market
- SAFE Structure Designs delivers M250 engine stand to A&P Helicopters
- Viterra Renews Partnership With STARS Air Ambulance
- Coptersafety orders five new Full Flight Simulators
- Metro Aviation appoints new manager for Operational Control Center
- Summit Aviation adds S-76D to approvals list
- Air Methods provides Q2 financials update
- S-64 Composite Main Rotor Blade Program Passes Initial Flight Test Milestone
- Baltimore County PD safety record recognized by Airbus
- XTI Aircraft Company takes three big steps forward with VTOL TriFan
- VH-92A Presidential Helicopter completes Critical Design Review
- CHC offers storage space for offshore helicopters
- Zurich operator Heli-Link renamed DC Aviation Switzerland
- Bell Expands Tennessee Customization centre
- Aeronautical Accessories Adds Bell 412 Crew Mobility Restraint Kit
- Royal Australian Navy hosts first MV-22 Osprey sea trials