The Brazilian Army has signed contracts with both Turbomeca and Helibras Brazil which will result in the modernization of 34 of their Eurocopter AS565K Panthers, or “Pantera” as they are known locally. These aircraft were acquired in 1988.
The upgrades include installation of new engines, avionics and navigation radios.Â Military engineers will be involved in all phases of the program, including the participation of Army mechanics and maintenance workers in both the execution of the services and knowledge transfer of new technologies.
The contract calls for four helicopters to be updated each year, with the upgraded aircraft to be delivered btween 2011 and 2021.
- See Ryan Aerospace (Australia) at I/ITSEC USA 2014
- Successful First Flight of Airbus Helicopters’ EC645 T2
- Student pilot Isaac Wilson has been asked the same question all his life
- 16-year-old Albuquerque pilot makes NM history
- Students develop app for in-flight care
- HNZ Group Inc. declares monthly dividends
- HNZ hires offshore industry strategic advisor
- New Mexico Safety Day: You’re Invited!
- Chile – Ecocopter prepares for new ENAP offshore contract
- Air Medical Group Holdings expands into India
- STARS CEO one of top 100 most powerful women in Canada
- Sikorsky given $46M to rework two VH-3D and one VH-60N
- Missouri – Ambulance board split on air ambulance policy
- Medical copter service returning to Green Valley area
- Sikorsky awarded $316M to upgrade H-60 weapon system
- CHC cancels rights issue as CD&R invests $100M more
- Era Group to present at Cowen Energy Conference
- Dogs abseiling from helicopters against rhino poaching
- Register Update – USA – week to 23 November 2014
- Helibras delivers fifth EC725 to Brazilian Armed Forces