The Brazilian Army has signed contracts with both Turbomeca and Helibras Brazil which will result in the modernization of 34 of their Eurocopter AS565K Panthers, or “Pantera” as they are known locally. These aircraft were acquired in 1988.
The upgrades include installation of new engines, avionics and navigation radios.Â Military engineers will be involved in all phases of the program, including the participation of Army mechanics and maintenance workers in both the execution of the services and knowledge transfer of new technologies.
The contract calls for four helicopters to be updated each year, with the upgraded aircraft to be delivered btween 2011 and 2021.
Brazilian Army upgrades its AS565K Panther fleet
- Bell/Boeing awarded $38M delivery order for V-22 parts
- L-3 Vertex wins $56M contract to support TH-57 at NAS Whiting Field
- Register Update – USA – week to 24 May 2015
- Metro Aviation Hires Director Of Transport Business Services
- Metro Aviation Supports Great American Safety Drive With Safety 24/7
- Boeing selects Rockwell Collins for Canadian CH-147 service and support
- Northwest Medstar Marks First Year Of Base Operations In North Central Washington
- Russian Helicopters launches series production of the new heavy Mi-26T2 helicopter
- Russian Helicopters signs first contracts for new light Ansat
- Chicago Helicopter Experience Opens Chicago’s First Ever Private Heliport
- CHC Group Sets Dates for Fiscal-2015 Q4 Earnings
- Korean Air to deliver maintenance services for US Navy’s CH-53 helicopters
- Lockheed Martin Open to Acquisitions, But Won’t Comment on Sikorsky
- Chicago’s Only Downtown Heliport Partners With Phillips 66 Aviation
- Air BP Sterling Card Launched in Poland
- New Zealand Whisky Company to commemorate UH-1 fleet
- Global Vectra net profit drops 25% in quarter to March 2015
- CAE launches Canadian Chinook training centre
- FAA and Industry Will Study Pilot Fitness
- Over two years from launch, Bell sells first 407GT