The Brazilian Army has signed contracts with both Turbomeca and Helibras Brazil which will result in the modernization of 34 of their Eurocopter AS565K Panthers, or “Pantera” as they are known locally. These aircraft were acquired in 1988.
The upgrades include installation of new engines, avionics and navigation radios.Â Military engineers will be involved in all phases of the program, including the participation of Army mechanics and maintenance workers in both the execution of the services and knowledge transfer of new technologies.
The contract calls for four helicopters to be updated each year, with the upgraded aircraft to be delivered btween 2011 and 2021.
Brazilian Army upgrades its AS565K Panther fleet
- Metro Aviation and subsidiary Paradigm Aerospace to exhibit at Heli-Expo
- V-22 included as USMC demo capabilities to Malaysian military
- PHI announces Results for FY2014
- Snake bite airlift becomes CareFlight’s 1,000th mission
- Air Methods Reports FY2014 Results and 1Q2015 Update
- webECHO online portal, an essential tool for managing condition monitoring programs
- Spectro | Jet-Care continue to be the laboratory of choice for OEMs
- Skyhorse Aviation AS350 fields Safe Flight Powerline Detection System
- Spectro| Jet-Care join HeliOffshore Organisation
- Despite Decline, Military Rotorcraft Segment an Important Niche for Manufacturers
- Aerospace Innovator Hydra-Electric To Exhibit At Heli-Expo
- Moog awarded $71M contract for V-22 component repair
- Lockheed/Sikorsky JV awarded $2 Billion contract for H-60 weapon systems
- Demand for Aspen’s Evolution Flight Displays for Helicopters on the Rise
- Safe Flight Powerline Detection System fitted to Australian Helicopters’ AW139s
- LongRanger performance increase as FAA approves BLR Tailboom Strakes
- FAA approves VIH Aerospace MCP01 Master Caution Panel on Bell 212
- S-76D enters service with Japan Coast Guard SAR
- Phoenix Heliparts Earns New STC to Install Aspen Avionics Glass Cockpits in MD Helicopters
- Staco to Exhibit New Rotorcraft Cockpit Products at Heli-Expo