The Brazilian Army has signed contracts with both Turbomeca and Helibras Brazil which will result in the modernization of 34 of their Eurocopter AS565K Panthers, or “Pantera” as they are known locally. These aircraft were acquired in 1988.
The upgrades include installation of new engines, avionics and navigation radios.Â Military engineers will be involved in all phases of the program, including the participation of Army mechanics and maintenance workers in both the execution of the services and knowledge transfer of new technologies.
The contract calls for four helicopters to be updated each year, with the upgraded aircraft to be delivered btween 2011 and 2021.
Brazilian Army upgrades its AS565K Panther fleet
- SEC Announces Fraud Charges Against Lynn Tilton
- Snowy Hydro SouthCare appoints high-profile CEO
- Everett Aviation Chief Pilot dies in Tanzania road accident
- Airbus Helicopters Canada given Ontario Provincial Government grant
- Breeze-Eastern Achieves 1,000-Hoist Delivery Milestone
- Axnes introduces PNG Wireless Intercom System to Quad-A Summit
- Airbus Helicopters creates new Head of Digital Strategy role
- Honeywell and Transworld Aviation Expand Aftermarket Agreement in the Middle East
- Aerial Firefighters Well Prepared For Coming US Fire Season
- Bell Exhibits V-280 Mockup at Army Aviation Summit
- Russian Defense Ministry Wants 100 ‘Arctic Terminator’ Helicopters
- Russian military expecting 16 new Ka52 Aligators this year
- Alcor and L&T to meet Odisha state government on helicopter production plans
- MedFlight Set To Launch Mobile App To Reduce Medic Response Times
- Helicopter accident leads Chinese authorities to unapproved airfield
- MSDF commissions its biggest helicopter carrier yet
- Dallas may charge other cities for police helicopter assistance
- Profile – Heli Glenorchy in New Zealand
- Most Significant Rescue Hoist Improvement in More than 50 Years – says Breeze-Eastern
- Donaldson Marks Centennial With Exhibit Of Advanced Filtration