The Brazilian Army has signed contracts with both Turbomeca and Helibras Brazil which will result in the modernization of 34 of their Eurocopter AS565K Panthers, or “Pantera” as they are known locally. These aircraft were acquired in 1988.
The upgrades include installation of new engines, avionics and navigation radios.Â Military engineers will be involved in all phases of the program, including the participation of Army mechanics and maintenance workers in both the execution of the services and knowledge transfer of new technologies.
The contract calls for four helicopters to be updated each year, with the upgraded aircraft to be delivered btween 2011 and 2021.
- Sikorsky awarded $883M contract for Army helicopter support
- DynCorp awarded $61M maintenance work for Saudi Land Forces program
- Thales awarded $13M delivery order for H-60 weapons assemblies
- M1 Support Services awarded $304M Nellis AFB contract, incl HH-60s
- Sikorsky awarded $106M for Army H-60 weapons system work
- Hamilton Sundstrand awarded $9M delivery order for V-22 frequency generator work
- Sikorsky awarded $14M more for Presidential Helicopters Program
- CSC awarded $9.2M for Non-Standard Rotary Wing Aircraft Project Office work
- Register Update – USA – week to 29 November 2015
- AHS launches Micro Air Vehicle Student Challenge 2016
- First of three AW169s for Linfox now in flight test
- Bond extends offshore Irish EC135 contract for another five years
- Thames Valley Air Ambulance wins regional awards
- USMC Museum at Quantico to close for three months
- AirLife 6 welcomed at Covington Municipal Airport
- RWSI lobbies Indian Government to extend fuel concession to helicopters
- Northern Lights Regional Health Centre helipad delayed again
- Santa Claus holds up pilot to steal R44 in Brazil
- Frasca Delivers Bell 206 FTD with TruCue™ to Air Evac Lifeteam
- Vietnam to buy two firefighting helicopters