The Brazilian Army has signed contracts with both Turbomeca and Helibras Brazil which will result in the modernization of 34 of their Eurocopter AS565K Panthers, or “Pantera” as they are known locally. These aircraft were acquired in 1988.
The upgrades include installation of new engines, avionics and navigation radios.Â Military engineers will be involved in all phases of the program, including the participation of Army mechanics and maintenance workers in both the execution of the services and knowledge transfer of new technologies.
The contract calls for four helicopters to be updated each year, with the upgraded aircraft to be delivered btween 2011 and 2021.
- Heli-One adds H225 MRO in Poland
- Pro Star Aviation Expedites Certification HTAWS on PHi Bell 407s
- Spectrum Aeromed CEO Appointed to North Dakota District Export Council
- Maverick Helicopters wins FAA Diamond award for fifth straight year
- Conklin & de Decker takes Operating Costs Seminar to Mexico
- Yorkshire Air Ambulance orders second H145
- Starspeed introduces two new team members
- HeliRussia to include the 4th Air Ambulance & MedEvac Conference
- Bristow wins two five-year Norwegian contracts
- North Myrtle Beach tour operator seeks court mediation
- Rooivalk Squadron honoured with Sword of Peace award
- Australia delivers UH-1 parts to Lebanese Army
- Los Alamos Medical Center now hosts Bell 407
- Register Update – United Kingdom – January 2016
- VIH Aerospace participates in Canadian Trade Delegation to Asia
- UK CAA to open exam centre in Trinidad & Tobago
- Donate to HFI silent auction before 8th February
- Vertical Flight Foundation Scholarship Applications Now Due Feb. 3
- 03-Feb-16 5N-BQJ Sikorsky S76C++ off Lagos, Nigeria
- Avinco closed record 31 helicopter transactions in 2015