The Brazilian Army has signed contracts with both Turbomeca and Helibras Brazil which will result in the modernization of 34 of their Eurocopter AS565K Panthers, or “Pantera” as they are known locally. These aircraft were acquired in 1988.
The upgrades include installation of new engines, avionics and navigation radios.Â Military engineers will be involved in all phases of the program, including the participation of Army mechanics and maintenance workers in both the execution of the services and knowledge transfer of new technologies.
The contract calls for four helicopters to be updated each year, with the upgraded aircraft to be delivered btween 2011 and 2021.
- Sikorsky Counts on HABCO to Support Saudi Arabia National Guard
- SESAR demonstrates how to maximize airport capacity with helicopter landing procedure
- Helicopter parts supplier to open third Danbury location thanks to Bell contract
- National recognition for East Anglian Air Ambulance
- HAI Thanks TSA Admin. Pistole for Cooperative Effort
- Associated Aircraft Group Joins Air Charter Safety Foundation
- Associated Aircraft Group Achieves IS-BAO Stage II Registration
- Derco Aerospace among defendants in overbilling case
- AgustaWestland Signs New Training Services Contracts to Support the Family
- Russian Helicopters’ Mi-38 pre-series production prototype makes first flight
- Airbus Helicopters’ EC135 T3/P3 Receives EASA Certification
- Bell Endorses HNZ Topflight for Mountain Flight Training
- CAE awarded contracts to support New Zealand Defence Force SH-2G(I) Super Seasprite synthetic training devices
- Boeing Ridley Park UAW Employees Approve New Contract
- KA-226T helicopter assembly may be launched in Kazakhstan by 2016
- New airport radar to mitigate impact of wind turbines
- Bell Announces European Customer Support and Services Regional Sales Manager
- Associated Aircraft Group Celebrates 25 Years of Helicopter Services
- Helijet to launch Nanaimo-Vancouver weekday service
- Cotswold Helicopter Centre Supply UK’s Eighth Cabri