The Brazilian Army has signed contracts with both Turbomeca and Helibras Brazil which will result in the modernization of 34 of their Eurocopter AS565K Panthers, or “Pantera” as they are known locally. These aircraft were acquired in 1988.
The upgrades include installation of new engines, avionics and navigation radios.Â Military engineers will be involved in all phases of the program, including the participation of Army mechanics and maintenance workers in both the execution of the services and knowledge transfer of new technologies.
The contract calls for four helicopters to be updated each year, with the upgraded aircraft to be delivered btween 2011 and 2021.
- Robinson R44 Cadet sales are very disappointing
- U.S. Navy selects Leonardo for MQ-8C Fire Scout
- Starspeed Achieves Stage II IS-BAO Accreditation
- Caernarfon Coastguard Helicopter Reaches 500th SAR Mission
- Leonardo selects Helitune RT-TipTrak for AW169 and AW189
- RAMM Frameless Seat Cushions approved by Transport Canada
- LORD Corporation Receives FAA DER Approval
- Toll appointed by Leonardo to deliver AW139 simulator
- Waypoint Leasing Places AW139 on Lease to Heliconia
- Argentine Army considers Huey II
- Orange County Receives Bell 206
- Continuity of Samoa Helicopters
- Hangar for Brandywine Hospital
- Helitune goes on board AW109
- China to Receive New Attack Helicopters
- 70th Anniversary of First Frigate Landing
- Parilease asks Avinco to manage 21 ex CHC EC225s
- Elbit Systems Awarded Title by Airbus Helicopters
- New Helipad for Wayne Memorial Hospital
- Profile – New Zealand SAR Legend John Funnell