The Brazilian Army has signed contracts with both Turbomeca and Helibras Brazil which will result in the modernization of 34 of their Eurocopter AS565K Panthers, or “Pantera” as they are known locally. These aircraft were acquired in 1988.
The upgrades include installation of new engines, avionics and navigation radios.Â Military engineers will be involved in all phases of the program, including the participation of Army mechanics and maintenance workers in both the execution of the services and knowledge transfer of new technologies.
The contract calls for four helicopters to be updated each year, with the upgraded aircraft to be delivered btween 2011 and 2021.
- Unique Tiltrotor Test Rig to Begin Operational Runs
- Chinook Composite Blades Proven to give an additional pounds back to the solider
- Police Aviation News – January 2017 Edition
- Police Aviation News – December 2016 Edition
- Senegal Air Force Receives Upgraded Mi24V
- CHC Australia Reaches 25,000 Hour Milestone on AW139
- Rapid response helps Leonardo Helicopters achieve manufacturing deadline
- Airbus C295W Demonstrates Refuelling Contacts With Helicopter
- Russian Helicopters delivers two Ка-32А11ВСs to Jiangsu Baoli
- Summit Aviation adds Regional Sales Rep
- Vector Aerospace expands FAA-approved ADS-B STC upgrade
- University of North Dakota Adds Robinson R44 Cadet Trainer
- Poland Considers Helicopter Purchase
- South Korea to Purchase 12 ASW Helicopters
- One Step Closer to Helipad for Queens Medical Centre
- FBI Seizes Hansen Helicopter Assets
- Maverick Helicopters launches Las Vegas Foodie Tours
- Russian Helicopters to deliver combat helicopters to Kazakhstan
- DART Aerospace Teams Up with Air Zermatt to Improve H130/EC130T2 Basket Performance
- Ardian-backed NHV Group taps Lafont as executive chairman