19-Jan-10 Weybridge, UK – HeliHub.com today launches its “Data Analysis” series.Â These are articles based on carefully researched data, and over a period of time will build to form an authoritative reference library for the world’s helicopter industry.Â Some subjects will be chosen as annual projects so that previous year’s reports can be compared year-on-year.
The first HeliHub.com Data Analysis article is released today – a review of fatal helicopter accidents across the world in 2009.Â This report covers 469 fatalities in 143 accidents, further details of which are to be found in the HeliHub.com Safety section.
HeliHub.com owner Jeremy Parkin has a long history in data research and analysis in the helicopter industry.Â Starting in 1983, he maintained a very detailed database of every helicopter in the UK, and this data was well received and widely used to market products and services to helicopter owners and operators alike.Â From 1987 the decision was made to expand this to cover all of Europe, and by 1991 the database was global and numbered over 100,000 airframes of both civil and military helicopter types.Â This data was widely marketed and sold to civil and military organisatiosn across the world.Â Mr Parkin has had six helicopter books published, including five annual volumes of the most comprehensive civil helicopter directory based on the aforementioned database.Â Mr Parkin launched the helicopter industryâ€™s first news website in 1999, and purchased HeliHub.com on 1st January this year.Â The HeliHub.com team are not only responsible for the production of the Data Analysis reports, but also continue to maintain and build the other sections of the site.Â This has, for example, seen over 140 News items posted in the first 11 working days of 2010.Â More new features of the site are planned, and will be launched over the coming months of 2010.
- LifeFlight Expands to York County
- NSW Ambulance Paramedic Voices Concerns
- RotorSchmiede VA115 becomes first ultralight helicopter approved in Germany
- Belarusian army to get second batch of Russian Helicopters in April
- SKYe SH09 order-book hits 101 units
- Sundance Helicopters To Offer Superhero Special
- Southern North Sea support heliport being marketed for sale
- HeliOffshore launches training videos to enhance use of automation
- US Marines demonstrate longer range UH-1Ys and AH-1Zs with auxiliary fuel tanks
- Erickson reorganisation plan passed by Bankruptcy Court
- China’s expanding DEA General Aviation debuts at LIMA 17
- Helisota shares Business Process Optimization Secrets
- Pawan Hans and State of Arunachal Pradesh to Pay Compensation
- AOC for Genesis Global Aviation
- Bolloré Logistics Showcases its Helicopter Expertise at the Heli-Expo 2017
- Bristow Forms New SAR Consortium for the Gulf of Mexico
- Malaysian Navy and Airbus celebrate excellence in fleet availability
- Indonesia remains a key contributor to Airbus Helicopters’ global supply chain
- EHang Partners with Dubai RTA to Boost Smart Transport
- Leonardo attends Langkawi International Maritime and Aerospace in Malaysia