19-Jan-10 Weybridge, UK – HeliHub.com today launches its “Data Analysis” series.Â These are articles based on carefully researched data, and over a period of time will build to form an authoritative reference library for the world’s helicopter industry.Â Some subjects will be chosen as annual projects so that previous year’s reports can be compared year-on-year.
The first HeliHub.com Data Analysis article is released today – a review of fatal helicopter accidents across the world in 2009.Â This report covers 469 fatalities in 143 accidents, further details of which are to be found in the HeliHub.com Safety section.
HeliHub.com owner Jeremy Parkin has a long history in data research and analysis in the helicopter industry.Â Starting in 1983, he maintained a very detailed database of every helicopter in the UK, and this data was well received and widely used to market products and services to helicopter owners and operators alike.Â From 1987 the decision was made to expand this to cover all of Europe, and by 1991 the database was global and numbered over 100,000 airframes of both civil and military helicopter types.Â This data was widely marketed and sold to civil and military organisatiosn across the world.Â Mr Parkin has had six helicopter books published, including five annual volumes of the most comprehensive civil helicopter directory based on the aforementioned database.Â Mr Parkin launched the helicopter industryâ€™s first news website in 1999, and purchased HeliHub.com on 1st January this year.Â The HeliHub.com team are not only responsible for the production of the Data Analysis reports, but also continue to maintain and build the other sections of the site.Â This has, for example, seen over 140 News items posted in the first 11 working days of 2010.Â More new features of the site are planned, and will be launched over the coming months of 2010.
- Boeing awarded $181M contract for Procurement of 156 CH-47F Chinook Helicopters
- Bell and SUBARU announce their collaboration
- First H160 pre-assembled rear fuselage is plug and play ready
- Safran renews Pattonair contract
- Japan Coast Guard signs HCare Smart for its H225 fleet
- Aeronautical Accessories Focused on Expanding Bell 505 Accessory Offerings
- CAAS, EASA and Airbus collaborate
- Boeing awarded $264M contract for MH-47 Support Services
- Magpas Air Ambulance selects AW169 to replace MD Explorer
- Sloane Helicopters opens up Irish corporate market with AW109 GrandNew sale
- Bell 429 Celebrates over 330 000 hours of operation
- CAE launches CAE 700MR Series flight training device
- NH90 Sea Lion starts Qualification phase
- Airbus hands over Empire Test Pilot School H125 to QinetiQ
- MD Helicopters creates MDHI Flight Training Academy
- GVH awarded EASA STC for H135 Aeromedical System
- FAA approves all-glass cockpit for MD530F
- CNC Technologies selected to Deploy Airborne Mission Suites for Agency’s New Airbus H125
- Boeing Receives Contract for Four Special Operations Chinooks
- Bristow opens new SAR base at Lydd