19-Jan-10 Weybridge, UK – HeliHub.com today launches its “Data Analysis” series.Â These are articles based on carefully researched data, and over a period of time will build to form an authoritative reference library for the world’s helicopter industry.Â Some subjects will be chosen as annual projects so that previous year’s reports can be compared year-on-year.
The first HeliHub.com Data Analysis article is released today – a review of fatal helicopter accidents across the world in 2009.Â This report covers 469 fatalities in 143 accidents, further details of which are to be found in the HeliHub.com Safety section.
HeliHub.com owner Jeremy Parkin has a long history in data research and analysis in the helicopter industry.Â Starting in 1983, he maintained a very detailed database of every helicopter in the UK, and this data was well received and widely used to market products and services to helicopter owners and operators alike.Â From 1987 the decision was made to expand this to cover all of Europe, and by 1991 the database was global and numbered over 100,000 airframes of both civil and military helicopter types.Â This data was widely marketed and sold to civil and military organisatiosn across the world.Â Mr Parkin has had six helicopter books published, including five annual volumes of the most comprehensive civil helicopter directory based on the aforementioned database.Â Mr Parkin launched the helicopter industryâ€™s first news website in 1999, and purchased HeliHub.com on 1st January this year.Â The HeliHub.com team are not only responsible for the production of the Data Analysis reports, but also continue to maintain and build the other sections of the site.Â This has, for example, seen over 140 News items posted in the first 11 working days of 2010.Â More new features of the site are planned, and will be launched over the coming months of 2010.
- Airbus responds to Norwegian EC225 investigation update
- EASA responds to Norwegian EC225 investigation update
- Norwegian Investigators issue another Preliminary Report on EC225 accident
- Inaugural Rotorcraft Asia established as key regional industry event
- Era Group Announces Q1 2017 Earnings Release Call
- HeliRussia 2017, visitors’ registration for business program is open
- Onboard Systems Cargo Hook Kits Receive EASA Certification
- Delta partners with Blade for Manhattan-JFK transfers
- Routine Review of SKYTRAC
- Frasca International Sells Airbus H125 Helicopter Flight Simulator
- Safran signs first customer support contract in South Korea
- Airbus Helicopters Congratulates Bangkok Helicopter Services for Ten Years of EMS Operations
- Mi-35M Induction to Nigerian Air Force
- AHS supports Uber vision of electric VTOL
- CHC Wins Contract with Providence Resources PLC
- Great North Air Ambulance Service doctor wins award for blood work
- Russian Helicopters has made its first Mi-171E
- Air BP appointments new Global General Aviation Sales and Marketing Manager
- East Anglian Air Ambulance appoints new Board of Trustees member
- H145 is best in class for hoist operations