19-Jan-10 Weybridge, UK – HeliHub.com today launches its “Data Analysis” series.Â These are articles based on carefully researched data, and over a period of time will build to form an authoritative reference library for the world’s helicopter industry.Â Some subjects will be chosen as annual projects so that previous year’s reports can be compared year-on-year.
The first HeliHub.com Data Analysis article is released today – a review of fatal helicopter accidents across the world in 2009.Â This report covers 469 fatalities in 143 accidents, further details of which are to be found in the HeliHub.com Safety section.
HeliHub.com owner Jeremy Parkin has a long history in data research and analysis in the helicopter industry.Â Starting in 1983, he maintained a very detailed database of every helicopter in the UK, and this data was well received and widely used to market products and services to helicopter owners and operators alike.Â From 1987 the decision was made to expand this to cover all of Europe, and by 1991 the database was global and numbered over 100,000 airframes of both civil and military helicopter types.Â This data was widely marketed and sold to civil and military organisatiosn across the world.Â Mr Parkin has had six helicopter books published, including five annual volumes of the most comprehensive civil helicopter directory based on the aforementioned database.Â Mr Parkin launched the helicopter industryâ€™s first news website in 1999, and purchased HeliHub.com on 1st January this year.Â The HeliHub.com team are not only responsible for the production of the Data Analysis reports, but also continue to maintain and build the other sections of the site.Â This has, for example, seen over 140 News items posted in the first 11 working days of 2010.Â More new features of the site are planned, and will be launched over the coming months of 2010.
- ALEA Public Safety Drone Expo Opens in New Orleans
- ACR Electronics Announces Acquisition of SKYTRAC by Drew Marine
- Metro Aviation celebrates 35 years of operation
- Safran appoints new Executive Vice-President of Programs
- FAA and EASA Update Aviation Safety Agreement
- FAA issue exemption allowing ACSF UH-1 blades to fly
- Trakka announces Leonardo AW109 to feature SWE-400 QUAD
- Oceania Aviation completes first AS355 Max-Vis EVS install
- CHC SAR Team Awarded Commendation Award
- Worcestershire Royal Hospital helipad plans approval
- Palm Beach Helicopters installs TH22SM AATD from ELITE
- Nord Helikopter praises Auk protection suits
- Vector takes AS350 crash resistant fuel system to AMTC 2017
- DART Aerospace now accepting preorders for Bell 505 Bearpaws
- Oceania Aviation complete Pakistan Army Schweizer upgrade program
- Skytrac receives patent for bill-by-the-mile tracker
- Airbus Helicopters proudly supports AAMS Community Award Winners
- Helicopter Museum Co-hosts Main Line Airport Dedication
- Milestone Aviation Group Supports Indian Heligo’s Growth
- Airbus shows H130 and EC145 at AMTC 2017