19-Jan-10 Weybridge, UK – HeliHub.com today launches its “Data Analysis” series.Â These are articles based on carefully researched data, and over a period of time will build to form an authoritative reference library for the world’s helicopter industry.Â Some subjects will be chosen as annual projects so that previous year’s reports can be compared year-on-year.
The first HeliHub.com Data Analysis article is released today – a review of fatal helicopter accidents across the world in 2009.Â This report covers 469 fatalities in 143 accidents, further details of which are to be found in the HeliHub.com Safety section.
HeliHub.com owner Jeremy Parkin has a long history in data research and analysis in the helicopter industry.Â Starting in 1983, he maintained a very detailed database of every helicopter in the UK, and this data was well received and widely used to market products and services to helicopter owners and operators alike.Â From 1987 the decision was made to expand this to cover all of Europe, and by 1991 the database was global and numbered over 100,000 airframes of both civil and military helicopter types.Â This data was widely marketed and sold to civil and military organisatiosn across the world.Â Mr Parkin has had six helicopter books published, including five annual volumes of the most comprehensive civil helicopter directory based on the aforementioned database.Â Mr Parkin launched the helicopter industryâ€™s first news website in 1999, and purchased HeliHub.com on 1st January this year.Â The HeliHub.com team are not only responsible for the production of the Data Analysis reports, but also continue to maintain and build the other sections of the site.Â This has, for example, seen over 140 News items posted in the first 11 working days of 2010.Â More new features of the site are planned, and will be launched over the coming months of 2010.
- Boeing Awarded $96M Contract for AH-64, A/MH-6M and H-47 Support
- Cal Fire Crew Awarded for Dangerous Rescue
- Russian Helicopters offers state-of-the-art civil rotorcraft to African customers
- Ramm Aerospace AS350 heater line kits TCCA and FAA approved
- Kenya receives nine AS550C3 Fennecs from UAE
- Harris Awarded $94M contract for CV-22 radio components
- General Electric awarded $18M contract for UH-60 pipe exhausts
- Gozo hospital helicopter inquiry finds no fault
- Royal Saudi Naval Forces launches first MH-60R
- Northrop began flight tests for MQ-8C Fire Scout
- CHC Australia Awarded New Helicopter Services Contract
- Metro delivers H135 to Washington Hospital Center
- US Army conducts first operational test of UH60V Black Hawk
- First Flight turns 40
- Helicopter ambulance service soon in Tamil Nadu
- Black Hawk marks 40 years service and prepares for another 50
- CHC 14th Safety & Quality Summit Less than a Month Away
- Leonardo performs TH-119 avionics power
- Strategic Partnership Targets Global Robinson
- PhilJets appoints new CEO to lead expansion