19-Jan-10 Weybridge, UK – HeliHub.com today launches its “Data Analysis” series.Â These are articles based on carefully researched data, and over a period of time will build to form an authoritative reference library for the world’s helicopter industry.Â Some subjects will be chosen as annual projects so that previous year’s reports can be compared year-on-year.
The first HeliHub.com Data Analysis article is released today – a review of fatal helicopter accidents across the world in 2009.Â This report covers 469 fatalities in 143 accidents, further details of which are to be found in the HeliHub.com Safety section.
HeliHub.com owner Jeremy Parkin has a long history in data research and analysis in the helicopter industry.Â Starting in 1983, he maintained a very detailed database of every helicopter in the UK, and this data was well received and widely used to market products and services to helicopter owners and operators alike.Â From 1987 the decision was made to expand this to cover all of Europe, and by 1991 the database was global and numbered over 100,000 airframes of both civil and military helicopter types.Â This data was widely marketed and sold to civil and military organisatiosn across the world.Â Mr Parkin has had six helicopter books published, including five annual volumes of the most comprehensive civil helicopter directory based on the aforementioned database.Â Mr Parkin launched the helicopter industryâ€™s first news website in 1999, and purchased HeliHub.com on 1st January this year.Â The HeliHub.com team are not only responsible for the production of the Data Analysis reports, but also continue to maintain and build the other sections of the site.Â This has, for example, seen over 140 News items posted in the first 11 working days of 2010.Â More new features of the site are planned, and will be launched over the coming months of 2010.
- Spectrum Health celebrates 30 years of Aero Med
- Manatee County Sheriff bids for new helicopter
- Idaho operator Timberline Helicopters moving to new base
- Mount Isa EMS helicopter updated from B230 to BK117
- India moves more armed helicopters to Chinese border
- Safran and Thai Aviation Industries to support Royal Thai Armed Forces
- SaxonAir adds two AW109SP GrandNew helicopters to charter fleet
- Japan Coast Guard orders three more H225s
- Bristow Group To Present At The 2017 J.P. Morgan Energy Equity Conference
- TAI Reveals the New T625 Mutli-Role
- CAMCOPTER® S-100 completes successful qualification flights for French Navy
- Foreign Pilots to follow new Malaysian Safety Measures
- Poison risk at Alaska helipad
- Conservationists oppose Alberta helipad for mountain tours
- Israeli Air Force Fleet Grounded
- Joint Venture for the production of Ka-226T in India
- Safran acquires ISEI
- ViaSat Secures Multi-Year Contract
- Arville fabrics used in London EMS Explorers
- CONTROP Launches Compact Payload for UAS