Lietenant Commander Gordon Cook Royal Navy, the Officer Commanding the Lynx Simulator based at RNAS Yeovilton, has recently clocked up 5,000 flying hours over his long and varied Naval career.
Lt Cdr Gordon ‘Gordo’ Cook, who lives in Weymouth, joined the Navy as an Observer in February 1985 and after successful completion of flying training in Jetstream aircraft with 750 Naval Air Squadron (NAS) and Lynx helicopters with 702 NAS he joined 829 NAS for his first operational tour.
Since then he has completed several tours flying Lynx with 829 NAS, 815 NAS and Naval Flying Standards Flight (NFSF) operating worldwide including operational tours in Former Yugoslavia and Kosovo. As one of the Royal Navy’s most experienced observers he has flown from numerous Royal Navy frigates, destroyers and carriers including Argonaut, Brave, Boxer, Illustrious, Gloucester, Manchester and Cardiff.
- Bell Helicopter Delivers First Two of Six Bell 407GXs to the Pennsylvania State Police
- REACH Air Medical Services Opening Air Ambulance Base in Rancho Cordova, CA
- New Robinson R22 for Phoenix!
- Metro Aviation delivers EC135 to HealthNet Aeromedical Services, Inc.
- GAMA Welcomes Jonathan Archer as Director of Engineering & Airworthiness
- Derazona Helicopters buys its first rotorcraft from Airbus Helicopters: a multi-role AS350 B3e
- SaxonAir enhances helicopter fleet with Airbus Helicopters EC155
- Bristow Norway AS lands multi-million dollar contract
- Russian Helicopters to train Mongolian pilots at Ulan-Ude Aviation Training Centre
- Bell Helicopter Announces First Two HEMS Bell 429s in the Middle East
- New Report: Air Methods – Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Now in black: DART’s ultra-resistant Floor Protectors
- DART’s new interference-proof Tail Rotor Pedal Lockout
- DART Tough Corrosion-Resistant Engine Mounts
- Enstrom Helicopter STC Approved for Aspen Display Retrofit
- Go Light – the new cockpit invention set to improve aviation safety?
- Georgia State Patrol Expands Bell Helicopter Fleet at ALEA 2014
- Bell Helicopter Selected by the San Diego County Sheriff’s Office for a Bell 407GX
- Garmin Pilot goes global
- Bristow Certified to Fly AgustaWestland AW189