Lietenant Commander Gordon Cook Royal Navy, the Officer Commanding the Lynx Simulator based at RNAS Yeovilton, has recently clocked up 5,000 flying hours over his long and varied Naval career.
Lt Cdr Gordon ‘Gordo’ Cook, who lives in Weymouth, joined the Navy as an Observer in February 1985 and after successful completion of flying training in Jetstream aircraft with 750 Naval Air Squadron (NAS) and Lynx helicopters with 702 NAS he joined 829 NAS for his first operational tour.
Since then he has completed several tours flying Lynx with 829 NAS, 815 NAS and Naval Flying Standards Flight (NFSF) operating worldwide including operational tours in Former Yugoslavia and Kosovo. As one of the Royal Navy’s most experienced observers he has flown from numerous Royal Navy frigates, destroyers and carriers including Argonaut, Brave, Boxer, Illustrious, Gloucester, Manchester and Cardiff.
- Capital Air purchases Entrol B206 FNPT II simulator
- Bell Helicopter Training Academy Celebrates 130,000 Student Milestone
- Black Knight Transformer Successfully Completes First Flights
- Sandel launches all-digital Attitude & Heading Reference System
- Frasca first to integrate Garmin’s GTN 650 into Flight Simulators
- Northwest MedStar takes to the air from Missoula base
- Lord Corp receives two-year Chinook vibration control contract
- SCRA wins $2.8M contract for Future Vertical Lift composite structures
- Flight Safety Foundation announces new President/CEO
- SkyTrac Systems Introduces Duty Hours Feature to SkyWeb
- Heli Protection Europe buys Entrol simulator based on Bell 412
- Airbus Helicopters displaying at DSA in Kuala Lumpur
- GAMA Opens New Middle East/North Africa Office in Dubai
- Airbus Group Named Preferred Employer By French Engineering Students in 2014
- CHC AW139 fleet passes 100,000 Flight Hours
- 13-Apr-14 Reno, US-Nevada (1F)
- GAL Aerospace completes acquisition of interiors specialist AeroQuest
- Gama Engineering wins UK Army Gazelle avionics update contract
- Second rooftop EMS helipad goes live in London
- Los Angeles judge denies motion for R66 trial to be held in Colombia