Lietenant Commander Gordon Cook Royal Navy, the Officer Commanding the Lynx Simulator based at RNAS Yeovilton, has recently clocked up 5,000 flying hours over his long and varied Naval career.
Lt Cdr Gordon â€˜Gordoâ€™ Cook, who lives in Weymouth, joined the Navy as an Observer in February 1985 and after successful completion of flying training in Jetstream aircraft with 750 Naval Air Squadron (NAS) and Lynx helicopters with 702 NAS he joined 829 NAS for his first operational tour.
Since then he has completed several tours flying Lynx with 829 NAS, 815 NAS and Naval Flying Standards Flight (NFSF) operating worldwide including operational tours in Former Yugoslavia and Kosovo. As one of the Royal Navyâ€™s most experienced observers he has flown from numerous Royal Navy frigates, destroyers and carriers including Argonaut, Brave, Boxer, Illustrious, Gloucester, Manchester and Cardiff.
- EASA approves FastFin System for AB412
- Sikorsky Awarded DARPA ALIAS Phase 3 Contract to Increase Aircraft Autonomy
- FAA Issues General Aviation Medical Rule
- HAI announces Aerospace Safety and Humanitarian Service awardees
- SAE International Tasked by FAA to Develop Technical Standards for Rotorcraft Inlet Barrier Filters
- CAE USA wins Army contract to provide rotary-wing flight training instructor support services
- Night-Lit Emergency Helicopter Landing Sites Programme Reaches Phase II
- Department of Health of Puerto Rico Selects the Bell 429
- Prince William to Resign from East Anglian Air Ambulance
- NYPD Win Approval for S-76D to Fly State Governor
- Arrow Aviation Restores Iconic Eagle One Helicopter
- CHC Safety and Quality Summit 2017 calls for papers
- Wirestrike warning for pilots
- Russian Northern Fleet Starts Ka27M Training
- First Flight for New Simrik Air 407 GXP
- Nigerian Air Force Receives First Mi35M Delivery
- UK – Heli Charter is no longer a Bell CSF
- Bell training centre in Spain now certified and open for business
- Babcock Mission Critical Services Onshore orders two H135s for UK windfarm contract
- Waypoint leases Airbus H225 to GHS for ops in Africa