Lietenant Commander Gordon Cook Royal Navy, the Officer Commanding the Lynx Simulator based at RNAS Yeovilton, has recently clocked up 5,000 flying hours over his long and varied Naval career.
Lt Cdr Gordon â€˜Gordoâ€™ Cook, who lives in Weymouth, joined the Navy as an Observer in February 1985 and after successful completion of flying training in Jetstream aircraft with 750 Naval Air Squadron (NAS) and Lynx helicopters with 702 NAS he joined 829 NAS for his first operational tour.
Since then he has completed several tours flying Lynx with 829 NAS, 815 NAS and Naval Flying Standards Flight (NFSF) operating worldwide including operational tours in Former Yugoslavia and Kosovo. As one of the Royal Navyâ€™s most experienced observers he has flown from numerous Royal Navy frigates, destroyers and carriers including Argonaut, Brave, Boxer, Illustrious, Gloucester, Manchester and Cardiff.
Still flying high after 5,000 Hours bolted to the ground
- Bell VP of Military Business becomes K-State Alumni Fellow
- East Anglian Air Ambulance celebrates arrival of their H145T2
- Despite Russian Aggression, US Apache Helicopters To Be Removed From Germany
- Liberty War Birds acquire Huey from California for restoration
- New Indian Government wants AgustaWestland back as a defence supplier
- Russian Helicopters showcase commercial models at Mexico aerospace fair
- Bristow announces FY2015Q4 Earnings Release and Conference Call Schedule
- Erickson Receives Certification as Wyvern Wingman Operator
- New Zealand CAA issue Robinson Helicopter Fleet Consultation Document
- Cuban Government visit Russian Helicopters plant in Kazan
- Russian Helicopters and CSKA Moscow will continue cooperation in 2015
- Bell reports ABACE 2015 sales of four 505s and one 407GXP
- Shimco Set for Growth in Brazil
- Conklin & de Decker Announce Aircraft Cost Evaluator Release 15.1
- New President announced at Blue Hawaiian Helicopters to replace founders
- AAR to provide logistics support to Bell for T64 engines in V280 program
- PCAS Demo shows MV-22 integration with Switchblade UAS
- FreeFlight Systems Joins ForeFlight Connect Program
- Statement Of Brian Wynne, President And Ceo Of Auvsi On The Faa Granting Amazon A Section 333 Exemption
- Louisiana National Guard demonstrates readiness for disasters