Lietenant Commander Gordon Cook Royal Navy, the Officer Commanding the Lynx Simulator based at RNAS Yeovilton, has recently clocked up 5,000 flying hours over his long and varied Naval career.
Lt Cdr Gordon â€˜Gordoâ€™ Cook, who lives in Weymouth, joined the Navy as an Observer in February 1985 and after successful completion of flying training in Jetstream aircraft with 750 Naval Air Squadron (NAS) and Lynx helicopters with 702 NAS he joined 829 NAS for his first operational tour.
Since then he has completed several tours flying Lynx with 829 NAS, 815 NAS and Naval Flying Standards Flight (NFSF) operating worldwide including operational tours in Former Yugoslavia and Kosovo. As one of the Royal Navyâ€™s most experienced observers he has flown from numerous Royal Navy frigates, destroyers and carriers including Argonaut, Brave, Boxer, Illustrious, Gloucester, Manchester and Cardiff.
Still flying high after 5,000 Hours bolted to the ground
- NEMSPA Now Accepting Nominations for 2015 Pilot of the Year
- FAA – Washington DC is a No Drone Zone
- FAA Posts Second Video in New Safety Information Series
- Up and Away Aviation cleans up with Avialogistics purchase
- VIH Aerospace Announces 1st MCP01 Master Caution Panel Customer
- CHC reports Q4 and FY2015 Results
- Two Bell 505s sold into Israel
- Airbus heads for 1,000th Dauphin 2 delivery
- Cincinnati – AirCare Installs Belfort Automated Weather Observation System
- RMCI to open UK office as Alabama company targets global growth
- Global Civil Helicopter Market – Strategic Outlook to 2025
- KRET has developed a laser guidance system
- Ruawai College gets its own helipad
- 81-year-old Vietnam vet gets helicopter licence
- Winery charged for excessive helicopter landings
- Bond Offshore Helicopters opens new Norwich passenger terminal
- EASA Approves Aspen EFD1000H Primary Flight Display for Bell 206
- 30-Jun-15 Airbus MH-65 San Francisco, US-California
- France – Skycam Helicopters adds fourth GrandNew
- Boeing awarded $15M modification to Apache weapon systems contract