Lietenant Commander Gordon Cook Royal Navy, the Officer Commanding the Lynx Simulator based at RNAS Yeovilton, has recently clocked up 5,000 flying hours over his long and varied Naval career.
Lt Cdr Gordon â€˜Gordoâ€™ Cook, who lives in Weymouth, joined the Navy as an Observer in February 1985 and after successful completion of flying training in Jetstream aircraft with 750 Naval Air Squadron (NAS) and Lynx helicopters with 702 NAS he joined 829 NAS for his first operational tour.
Since then he has completed several tours flying Lynx with 829 NAS, 815 NAS and Naval Flying Standards Flight (NFSF) operating worldwide including operational tours in Former Yugoslavia and Kosovo. As one of the Royal Navyâ€™s most experienced observers he has flown from numerous Royal Navy frigates, destroyers and carriers including Argonaut, Brave, Boxer, Illustrious, Gloucester, Manchester and Cardiff.
- AnalySwift’s Composite Simulation Tools Available Online through cdmHUB Web Platform
- Protean wins Airbus Helicopters Vision Zero Aviation Safety Award
- Airbus Helicopters Inc. honors leaders in air medical industry
- Serial produced Mi-10 marks 50th anniversary of maiden flight
- Russian Helicopters celebrates 45th anniversary of Mi-24 first flight
- Airbus Helicopters Canada Delivers AS350 for Muti-Mission Use
- Aspen Receives FAA Approval For Free Synthetic Vision Trial Offer
- Bell Displays Latest HEMS Technology at AMTC 2014
- Metro Aviation closer to HeliSAS STC for EC135
- PRISM Releases Enhanced FRAT for Helicopter Air Ambulance Operators
- Bell Announces First Bell 505 Jet Ranger X Deals in South Africa
- Aspen Avionics Receives Certification For VFR Primary Flight Display
- Becker Avionics Provides Digital Audio System Solution for HALO-Flight Bell 429
- REBTECH names Executive Director of Business Development
- Donaldson Inlet Barrier Filters Prove Their Worth In Air Medical Operations
- Register Update – USA – week to 21 September 2014
- Christie Simulation Display Roadshow on Oct. 8th
- Wysong Enterprises showcases Hospital Wing EC130 at AMTC14
- Miami Valley Hospital CareFlight begins service with AS365 N3+
- Jury awards $16M in Sundance helicopter crash