Lietenant Commander Gordon Cook Royal Navy, the Officer Commanding the Lynx Simulator based at RNAS Yeovilton, has recently clocked up 5,000 flying hours over his long and varied Naval career.
Lt Cdr Gordon â€˜Gordoâ€™ Cook, who lives in Weymouth, joined the Navy as an Observer in February 1985 and after successful completion of flying training in Jetstream aircraft with 750 Naval Air Squadron (NAS) and Lynx helicopters with 702 NAS he joined 829 NAS for his first operational tour.
Since then he has completed several tours flying Lynx with 829 NAS, 815 NAS and Naval Flying Standards Flight (NFSF) operating worldwide including operational tours in Former Yugoslavia and Kosovo. As one of the Royal Navyâ€™s most experienced observers he has flown from numerous Royal Navy frigates, destroyers and carriers including Argonaut, Brave, Boxer, Illustrious, Gloucester, Manchester and Cardiff.
- Boeing Ridley Park UAW Employees Approve New Contract
- KA-226T helicopter assembly may be launched in Kazakhstan by 2016
- New airport radar to mitigate impact of wind turbines
- Bell Announces European Customer Support and Services Regional Sales Manager
- Associated Aircraft Group Celebrates 25 Years of Helicopter Services
- Helijet to launch Nanaimo-Vancouver weekday service
- Cotswold Helicopter Centre Supply UK’s Eighth Cabri
- Heli-One Completes major mods for Waypoint Leasing on two S-76s
- Uber Has Helicopters In Australia Now
- Hillsboro Aviation to expand with first structure on Hillsboro Airport’s north side
- Russia – Uralhelicom signs for two Bell 407GXs
- EASA GA Safety Conference comes to a close
- Successful implementation of the new redesigned shaft on first EC225s/EC725s
- Chief pilot for new air ambulance helicopter announced
- Helitech International to introduce skills focus to the 2015 event
- No demo flights in Amsterdam as Helitech focuses on trade
- Helipark becomes Turbomeca Certified Maintenance Center
- Apply Today for an HFI 2015 Scholarship
- Great Western Air Ambulance upgrades to EC135
- Two more corporate AW169s sold in the UK