Lietenant Commander Gordon Cook Royal Navy, the Officer Commanding the Lynx Simulator based at RNAS Yeovilton, has recently clocked up 5,000 flying hours over his long and varied Naval career.
Lt Cdr Gordon â€˜Gordoâ€™ Cook, who lives in Weymouth, joined the Navy as an Observer in February 1985 and after successful completion of flying training in Jetstream aircraft with 750 Naval Air Squadron (NAS) and Lynx helicopters with 702 NAS he joined 829 NAS for his first operational tour.
Since then he has completed several tours flying Lynx with 829 NAS, 815 NAS and Naval Flying Standards Flight (NFSF) operating worldwide including operational tours in Former Yugoslavia and Kosovo. As one of the Royal Navyâ€™s most experienced observers he has flown from numerous Royal Navy frigates, destroyers and carriers including Argonaut, Brave, Boxer, Illustrious, Gloucester, Manchester and Cardiff.
Still flying high after 5,000 Hours bolted to the ground
- Mavana Air Support and Vector Aerospace Sign MRO Contract
- Waypoint Signs Letter of Intent to Purchase 20 Bell 525’s Plus Options
- Turbomeca strengthens worldwide support network
- Turbomeca Arrius 2R on track for certification
- Rolls-Royce to boost power, fuel efficiency for Bell 407GXP
- Robinson signs for 1,000 Rolls-Royce RR300 engines
- Helinet Selected by Swedish National Police to Implement Airborne Law Enforcement and Counterterrorism Solution
- Donaldson reveals New Filtration Options in Development
- AgustaWestland and Bristow Sign Exclusive AW609 Development Agreement
- Airbus Helicopters reveals the X4 name – call it the H160 from now on
- Airbus rename all AS and EC helicopter products
- Dallas Airmotive and H+S Aviation Rebuild an M250 Engine at Heli-Expo
- BBA Aviation Continues Expansion of Global Rotorcraft Service and Support Network
- Russian Helicopters launch competition – Helicopters of the XXI century – 2015
- StandardAero improves engine warm start with Custom Overhauled Hydromechanical Unit
- StandardAero Bolsters Rolls-Royce M250 and RR300 Engine Rental Pool
- Troo Partners to integrate Schneider Electric weather services into flight tracking
- Helinet Aviation Named Authorized AW109 Training Center
- Heli-Expo caps a strong first quarter for LCI Helicopters
- EASA Approves S76D for VIP work, not offshore